Director of Corporate Marketing, Corporate Affairs
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Director of Corporate Marketing
- We are searching for an experienced Director of Corporate Marketing to join our Corporate Affairs – Corporate Communications team. Reporting into the Executive Director of Corporate Marketing, the Director of Corporate Marketing is responsible for managing and conceptualizing effective strategies and campaigns to build brand reputation.
- The Director of Corporate Marketing is a driven and engaged communicator with a successful track record of building and leading global brand programs and experience with corporate brand development/evolution.
- The Director of Corporate Marketing will be responsible for leading a high-performing corporate marketing team and overseeing the company’s branding strategy and reputation-building activities.
- The ideal candidate would have a strong background in corporate marketing and excellent leadership skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and coordinate the work of the Corporate Marketing team in accordance with company objectives.
- Supports the Executive Director, Corporate Marketing with efforts to develop and advance the company’s brand reputation globally
- Oversees and execute strategic corporate marketing initiatives including corporate brand identity and branding strategy to elevate and advance the company’s reputation as a global corporate citizen
- Enforces the governance of master corporate brand strategy, aligning the business and brands to the corprorate brand through integrated marketing and communications strategies
- Aligns the master corporate brand strategy with the business and brands to the corporate brand through campaign
- Enforces adherence to corporate brand guidelines for marketing materials (print, digital, social, etc).
- Ensures the brand footprint is strategically enhanced through external positioning such as sponsorships, partnerships and awards
- Manages two direct reports (Senior Manager of Corporate Marketing, Associate Director of Corporate Marketing)
- Works efficiently and effectively to keep projects on track and meet deadlines necessary to achieve business goals and objectives
- Oversees sponsorships, partnerships, and awards submissions
- Works with both internal and external agency clients/partners
- Contributes to the development of Corporate Marketing plans and special projects planning
Skills & Requirements
- Degree and/or certifications in Marketing, Communications
- Minimum 8 years corporate or agency experience in corporate marketing and/or brand development
- Exceptional leadership skills and outstanding communication skills
- Portfolio demonstrates a body of work encompassing corporate marketing campaigns
- Expert in visual and written language
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel communications concepts
- Comfortable with explaining concepts to senior leaders
- Passionate about brands, ideas, storytelling, and experiential
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.