Director of Marketing - Value
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing:
• Lead Verizon Value marketing/messaging and demand generation strategy, planning & execution. Accountability includes creative/campaign strategy, brand identity development/guidelines, social & community management, and overall marketing activation that drives product adoption and growth.
• Drive marketing innovation and go-to-market and campaign-specific approaches to deliver substantial growth, stimulate competitive switching behavior, and take market share - across prepaid and postpaid markets.
• Create advertising breakthroughs and brand awareness and amplify and enhance reputation.
• Manage agency resources and scope, annual communications planning, consumer messaging, and success measures, calendar of deliverables, project timing and distinction in creative delivery, development and management of annual creative production budgets, facilitation of budget requests, and quarterly scope and budget reconciliation.
• Partner with the commercial team to build business plans, positioning, messaging, GTM strategy, and roadmap for features and promotional launches.
• Lead the business in an insight-led and consumer-centric approach to creating new member acquisition and retention initiatives.
• Build and drive roadmaps to connect the brand through all marketing channels aligned with the total customer experience.
• Listen to our consumers and develop a strategy to respond and manage/encourage the community along
with building the reputation of the brands.
• Drive social and influencer marketing that best suits each of our brand's targets.
What we are looking for....
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. MBA highly preferred.
• 8+ years of marketing experience.
• Experience managing and influencing client relationships at the senior executive level. Ability to present and interact with all levels of management.
• Experience leading marketing teams; a leader with proven managerial abilities; excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to coach, mentor, and train others.
• Experience building and scaling a consumer brand nationally (or globally).
• Experience establishing clear and effective metrics and a measurement framework to approach marketing channels and investment strategy, including COA/COR and marketing ROI.
• Experience utilizing digital and offline channels and tools to build a brand, member base, and community-driven business growth.
• Experience building integrated marketing framework and messaging strategy, and communicating and socializing to the entire organization.
• Experience in a Head of Marketing role at a consumer/retail brand is preferred.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.