Director of Marketing, Pearson Online Academy (2107427)
Director of Marketing, Pearson Online Academy - ( 2107427 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s a child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Virtual Schools K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It supports over 100,000 students in 43 public virtual schools and serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy and Pearson Online Academy.
Pearson Virtual Schools is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Virtual Schools is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
The Director of Marketing, Private Schools is responsible for all branding and marketing activities of our virtual private school, Pearson Online Academy. The leader in this role will be accountable for brand strategy and execution to position Pearson Online Academy as the best online private school globally, amid tremendous increase in awareness of and demand for online schooling, as well as an increasingly competitive landscape. In addition, the leader will be responsible for developing the marketing strategy and directing marketing campaigns to attract, inform and capture the interest of interested students/families in line with enrollment growth goals. Furthermore, the leader will be responsible for Pearson Online Academy public digital presence across social media, owned and earned, and managed web properties.
To succeed in this role, you will be a creative and ambitious business builder who can balance strategic vision with operational rigor. You will be comfortable proactively engaging across functional and departmental boundaries and thrive in a setting with a high level of independence and accountability and unwavering customer-centric mindset.
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing and Enrollment, this position will have a high level of visibility and strategic importance, with substantial opportunity to grow within the organization. Specific responsibilities include:
- Defining/refining and implementing Pearson Online Academy brand strategy
- Developing the marketing strategy and directing campaigns top effectively attract, inform and capture intent of new students/families
- Developing strategy and managing digital presence for Pearson Online Academy across social media and owned web presence
- Directing marketing budget investments to optimize business results
- Rigorously monitoring, reporting, and improving performance across all aspects of new enrollment acquisition journey
- Continuously testing and optimizing all aspects of the new student/family journey to improve performance
- Collaborating closely with various teams across Virtual Schools to coordinate on Pearson Online Academy strategy Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a brand or marketing leadership role
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience working in K-12 or Higher Education preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic brand and marketing plans
- Experience leading through influence and collaboration in a highly cross-functional environment
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to support a growing international business; this is a remote role but may require 25-50% travel at times
- Customer-orientation – relentlessly focuses on what will be best for our students, families, and schools, and advocates for these stakeholders in designing and implementing initiatives
- Development-orientation – sees each experience as a learning opportunity, reflects on and learns from mistakes, and seeks and offers open and constructive feedback from colleagues within and beyond their reporting line
- Ownership and accountability – takes initiative, sets a high bar for self and others, and considers themselves responsible not just for activity (doing what was agreed) but also for outcomes (getting where we wanted to go).
Primary Location : US-MD-Columbia
Work Locations :
US-MD-Columbia-Grantchester Merriweather10960 Grantchester WayTwo Merriweather
Job : Marketing
Organization : North America Connections
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Director
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 21, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2107427