Director of Direct to Consumer (DIREC001228)
Who We Are
At Grunt Style, what you wear is more than just a necessity, it’s about attitude! We have taken the fighting American spirit and instilled it in everything we do. We provide more just than apparel, we bolster a lifestyle. We take pride in Self, Military and Country and we live our values. We are looking for passionate, hard working individuals to join our growing company of nearly 300 veterans and patriots.
We are Grunt Style and This We'll Defend.
The Director of Direct to Consumer leads an important initiative to grow our core eCommerce, retail store, and Club Grunt Style businesses. This leader will be the voice of the consumer for all of these channels. Integrating merchandising, content, and digital marketing strategies, the Director of Direct to Consumer will devise new strategies for reaching and engaging a broader audience while maintaining authenticity with our current core customer. The role needs to consider long-and short-term financial implications, competitive factors, internal/external stakeholders, with a strong focus on meeting the customer’s evolving needs for our lifestyle brand. This position reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role provides leadership and direction for marketing and creative development & execution of brand strategy to support omnichannel expansion of our brand across the retail and direct to consumer business.
- Responsible for driving all retail sales strategies and decisions to effect sales trends, performance, and profitability of the brands.
- Inspires others and quickly operationalizes brand strategies into actions that get traction and results; breaks down silos and builds high-performance teams through empowerment, collaborative problem solving, accountability and mentorship.
- Work closely with key leadership to determine market potential, presence, and distribution plan to strengthen Company’s “Brand” organization.
- Working with merchandising and creative teams, develop innovative business plans to create new sources of revenue, execute with agility to enhance or overcome any challenges of the business.
- Partner and collaborate with key agencies to cultivate a brand that reflects the company’s mission and values. Develop creative, content and storytelling strategies to engage, acquire, and retain new audiences.
- Work with teams across the business to develop successful marketing branding strategies. Partner cross-functionally across the marketing team to create brand story to our customers and excellency across all deliverables.
- Develop and implement digital content strategies and plans to leverage our reach and engagement through digital channels such as paid social, search, influencer and affiliate marketing partners.
- Partner with the VP of Marketing and head of performance marketing to maximize all traffic generating, conversion and consumer retention efforts for the retail channel mix as it pertains to Amazon, monthly subscription club members and wholesale customers.
- Key participant in ensuring that the company’s websites improve image, drive customer engagement and sales, and showcase product attributes.
- Maintain awareness of best practices, market trends, competitive activity across products and brands.
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing and/or related field.
- Experience in a leadership role for 5+ years.
- 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in growing eCommerce, retail stores, and email subscription based businesses.
- Experience in integrating merchandising, content, and digital marketing strategies.
- Self-starter and collaborator with the ability to engage with stakeholders directly, set agenda and goals and drive the conversation to achieve goals.
- Experience in creating long-and short-term financial goals and working on competitive factors.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal/external stakeholders.
Will be responsible to supervise a team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position may require travel to Carol Stream, Il.
Grunt Style provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Grunt Style complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.