Marketing Manager (Manager - Targeting & Segmentation) (2200137)
Marketing Manager (Manager - Targeting & Segmentation) (Job Number: 2200137 )
Penske Transportation Solutions delivers innovative transportation and logistics solutions that are vital to the success of the companies and people we serve. We've built our business on three core values: commitment to our customers, dedication to excellence and innovative thinking.
The Market Insights team is looking for a strategic-minded, customer obsessed, data-focused marketing manager to lead the research, market segmentation and targeting efforts for our commercial businesses. In this role, you will have the opportunity to take our customer segmentation work, market database, industry intelligence and business data to develop targeting strategies that deliver revenue growth. Working with sales and marketing teams, you will codevelop go-to-market programs utilizing these targeting strategies. Your role will be critical in measuring success of these programs. As a vital part of a team focused on staying on the forefront of marketing strategies, you will champion the efforts required to position our commercial business for continued success.
- Take charge of our existing commercial research and create a roadmap for future research that meet our business goals and priorities
- Scope and define additional research required, support commercial organization on research needs, ensure the timely execution of research projects
- Become the expert on the commercial market and champion the needs of the commercial customers
- Understand the market segmentation model and develop strategies to drive business growth through segmentation and targeting. Lead total addressable market analysis and identify attractive sales targets and prospects.
- This includes lead generation support, target identification and qualification, campaign support.
- Co-develop a system that measures the success of each step of a go-to-market effort from program start to revenue achievement. Identify and communicate successes and improvement opportunities in clear business terms.
- Assist lead generation activities by developing customer targets and procurement of 3rd party marketing data.
- Incorporate company and lead interactions into data sets to refine marketing programs, reduce costs and improve effectiveness.
- Support campaign managers as required
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree required
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or Business preferred
- MBA preferred
- 10 years of related work or academic experience required
- 5 years market research or sales growth management experience, experience with transportation, heavy equipment, freight movement, logistics research experience highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience with applying formal marketing planning processes (segmentation, targeting, position, 4Ps)
- Intermediate skill with using marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot, Omniture, and Google Analytics
- Executive level presentation and storytelling skills
- Must have strong coaching and supervisory skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects with differing deadlines and deliver on time
- Experience growing business through running successful sales growth programs
- Ability to use market research to build compelling business cases and demonstrate market opportunity
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams and external partners
- Willingness to travel as necessary, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Transportation Solutions
Penske Transportation Solutions is the umbrella brand for Penske Truck Leasing, Penske Logistics, Epes Transport Systems, Penske Vehicle Services, and related businesses. Our businesses provide innovative transportation, supply chain and technology solutions to keep the world moving forward. Visit GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Marketing
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Manager-Targeting and Segmentation
Req ID: 2200137