Program Manager - Marketing PMO - Minnetonka, MN or Horsham, PA - Telecommute (112192417)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. That’s what makes this opportunity so inviting. We have hundreds of business verticals across our matrixed organizations that are bringing thousands of new ideas, services and products to the marketplace every year. Our goal is simple. Use data and technology to help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone.
When you join us as a Strategic Program Manager, you will lead projects within the Marketing organization. This person works closely with other functions and leaders as needed such as Strategy, Prioritization and Resourcing, Organizational Development, and Marketing Director/Managers as well as with the broader business PMO to ensure alignment and successful delivery.
If you are located in central or eastern time zones, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead or contribute to the development of program or project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders (e.g. program/project charter, Statement of Work, Business Vision Document)
- Ensures alignment of program/project scope and objectives with the organization's strategic objectives
- Identify project duration, effort, sequence and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards
- Develop, communicate and implement program and project risk, issue management plans and strategies
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects and serve as a leader/ mentor by reviewing work performed by others and provide recommendation for improvement
- Continuously monitors progress for opportunities of process improvement within functional areas
- Establishes and executes communication plans to address stakeholder needs and measures/communicates program/project status and progress
- Maintains project dashboards and presents to management on Portfolio/Program updates and expected results
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on professional knowledge and background
This is a challenging role that relies on your ability to effectively lead project teams and build relationships with stakeholders. Your ability to use various methodologies and tools to collaborate in a cross-matrix environment will drive long term success keeping the team on track within the project scope and timeline.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree, Business, Marketing or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of project management experience including tracking, planning projects, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing activities in both traditional & digital environment
- Advanced level of experience with and application of leading PMO discipline and artifacts
- Active and engaged listener with the ability to explain concepts, opinions, and options upstream and downstream
- Expert proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- PMP Certification
- Experience in the healthcare industry or Medicare
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including group meeting facilitation skills and experience presenting to executive leadership
- Self-starter with excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills with the ability to balance multiple competing priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The Salary range for Connecticut residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.