Field Marketing Manager Verizon Connect
- Determining what people really want.
- Testing out new ideas.
- Determining the upside and downside of the next thing.
- Telling us what the market says.
- Creating the story for our customers.
- Helping sellers tell the story of why this and why Verizon/Verizon Connect.
- Partnering with Sales and being open to feedback to help us action on market opportunities.
- Supporting our North America SMB Sales teams.
What we're looking for...
You are curious about what people need and want. You enjoy digging through data for insight into opportunities for how we can help our consumers work, play and connect in new and better ways.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with marketing research, research strategy, and/or consumer research methodologies.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- MBA and/or Master's degree in Marketing, Market Research, or a related field.
- Digital experience of trends and key business drivers.
- Experience presenting findings and insights targeted to what that audience cares about (up to the executive level).
- Experience analyzing what's important from a variety of sources to provide a holistic view of the marketplace, competitive factors, risks, and opportunities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Experience designing custom research approaches to gain broader or deeper consumer and market insights.
- Ability to translate market knowledge and strategy into compelling stories and tools for the sales team.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $105,000.00 and $194,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.