Field Sales Manager - South Central Area
Field Sales Manager - South Central Area (Job Number: 2306705 )
Field Sales Managers will provide the Sales teams and District Managers with the sales expertise and activity management necessary to support continued long-term growth. Coaching and development of rental sales and lease sales associates to improve sales cycle time.
This person reports to the Area Vice President and will have regular interaction with the District Managers, District Rental Manager and Director of Field Sales.
This position will office in one of the locations in the Okahoma City Market.
Talent Leadership and People Management:
- Develop Leases Sales Representatives (LSR), Rental Sales Representatives (RSR) and Branch Managers (BM) through coaching, training, and deal support.
- Identify development needs and deliver training programs, monitoring application and progress.
- Provide training and support to shorten learning gap of the sales team to ensure they are knowledgeable, prepared, and successful.
- Provide sales coaching to the District Managers and District Rental Managers as necessary.
- Share sales and operational knowledge to inspire and motivate others to become effective sales team members.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence with a drive to achieve the highest level of performance of the sales team.
- Provide insight and feedback regarding the performance of Sales team based on appropriate evaluation methods and target setting.
- Monitor performance and sales activities of LSR and RSR through District Manager and District Rental Manager.
- Initiate and coordinate performance improvement actions in collaboration with the DM as necessary.
- Recruitment and involvement in the hiring of field sales team members.
Deal Strategy, Planning, and Growth:
- Deal based coaching and sales associate development- Trains and coaches associates through the sales cycle to achieve proposal presentations and ultimately deal closing.
- Assist the sales associates with the deal strategy and provide strategic oversight and direction through the sales process.
- Ensures that sales training, process, and sales playbooks are executed. Develop specific sales routing, prospect, and customer contact schedule.
- Management of account and prospect assignments, quota attainment for the LSRs and RSRs.
- Maintain understanding of the competitive landscape and collaboration with District Managers on market opportunities, organizational opportunities, and territory alignment
- Daily communication with District Managers on sales progress and sales associate performance.
- Will not manage accounts but will be responsible for ensuring appropriate customer account assignments across sales teams.
- Manage and communicate corporate sales initiatives
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- 5 years in the transportation industry. Experience working with customers with multiple locations- preferred.
- 5 years of sales experience is preferred.
- Sales management experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related field, Masters degree preferred
- Ability to manage complex relationships in a virtual environment
- Expertise in networking and negotiating
- Analytical skills – ability to comprehend data and present findings and recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence business partners and to see the big picture and create strategy.
- Strong ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects / customers / work streams
- Ability to build a team and lead a sales team
- Strong customer focus and highly collaborative
- Demonstrates strategic thinking.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :1201 SE 89th Street 1201 SE 89th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73149
Primary Location : United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Job : Sales/Business Development/Sales Management
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Manager-Field Sales
Req ID: 2306705