Field Sales Representative (2106296)
Field Sales Representative - ( 2106296 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
A Pearson ELT sales representative is at the forefront of transforming learning. Pearson puts the learner at the center of everything. You would be responsible for creating effective and innovative sales solutions that address issues and challenges facing institutions, instructors and students today to meet necessary educational outcomes. The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable record of success with a demonstrable ability to meet and exceed goals. A strong interest in digital media and applications to learning is a must. For now, this is an Inside Sales Position with occasional fieldwork and requires occasional travel.
- Meet/exceed sales and registration goals expressed as % growth
- Employ effective selling techniques including pre-call planning, effective opening, and productive questioning strategies that lead to a close.
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow-up abilities
- Manage and grow a multi-million dollar territory comprised of 2 and 4-year colleges and universities, Private Language Institutes, Adult Education Centers, HR departments, community centers and more.
- Maintain expert product knowledge around Pearson technologies, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment; use promotional materials to support marketing messaging through email and social media
- Exhibit strong presentational skills
- Demonstrate teamwork through sharing best practices and working with cross-functional teams.
- Implement company initiatives into sales territory - Maintain positive relations with faculty members and college bookstore personnel.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Extremely competitive starting base salary based on experience
- Aggressive bonus structure based on performance (no cap on bonus!)
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid vacation, holiday, personal and sick time
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible spending accounts
- The opportunity to develop your career with the industry leader, advancing into sales management, marketing management or editorial
- 4-year college degree demonstrating academic excellence
- High Achievement and proven track record for excelling in a fast-paced college and/ or work environment
- Sales experience or aptitude via enthusiasm for the process of investigating, creating and fulfilling customers’ needs
- Experience with Learning Technologies or curiosity about the development of traditional and technology-based intellectual property
- Technological proficiency and strong working knowledge of the internet, mobile technologies, and computer applications and business systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator
- If you're passionate about education, competitive and have a strong desire for achievement, then you might find a career in College Publishing to be a perfect fit. If you're interested in changing the way the world learns, then we'd like to meet you.
- Please feel free to visit us at:
- www.pearson.com | www.pearsoned.com | www.pearsoneltusa.com
Primary Location : US-California
Other Locations : US-Washington, US-Oregon
Job : Sales
Organization : Growth
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : May 5, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2106296