Field Sales Representative (Higher Ed) - Greater Santa Barbara CA - Central Coast (1235)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We have an Educational Consultant position open based in the Central Coast of California. Come join a team that celebrates individuality and collaboration!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here The Power of Difference at https://plc.pearson.com/en-US/careers/diversity-equity-inclusion
As a Pearson Courseware Sales Representative, you are on the front lines of driving and supporting teaching and learning innovation, and helping institutions meet the necessary educational outcomes of access, achievement and affordability to increase student success. You are responsible for selling effective and innovative digital, print and service solutions that address the issues and challenges facing students, faculty and institutions today. To be successful in this role, you must possess a need for achievement, have demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding goals, be comfortable with digital media, and have a passion for education.
Key accountabilities include:
Achieving or exceeding territory sales targets by selling course-based solutions to faculty to gain market share, accelerating the shift to subscription-based materials to help address affordability and access issues for students, collaborating with various specialists and account executives to implement effective program-wide or institution-wide solutions, conducting effective back-to-school campaigns that drive student purchase, and working with bookstores to drive sell-through. Key accountability is also tracking and forecasting in OneCRM (salesforce.com).
This is a remote/home-based position with approximately 50% travel including to local college campuses to national meetings. Relocation package not available for this position.
- Using both campus visits and virtual campus days, consistently call on 15+ faculty per day employing effective consultative sales techniques (including pre-call planning, productive questioning strategies, effective matching and closing) that lead to winning the business.
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow up abilities.
- Maintain accurate and timely tracking and forecasting in OneCRM (salesforce.com).
- Work in concert with the assigned enterprise account level salespeople to accelerate the move of courses into Inclusive Access and sell additional services.
- Strategically plan at both the territory and adoption level.
- Deliver effective technology sales presentations to faculty and technology training presentations to students.
- Work in concert with Customer Success organization to ensure effective and efficient support for key customers.
- Implement company initiatives in your sales territory.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Pearson products, platforms and capabilities.
- Stay abreast of issues impacting the educational industry and factors influencing the market environment.
- Demonstrate collaboration by sharing successful tactics across the district, region and nationally. Take on assignments with cross-functional task forces as appropriate.
- Meet or exceed subscription targets
- Meet or exceed revenue target
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and successful work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of exceptional sales performance in the higher education market or related industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Office tools, mobile technologies, computer applications and business systems.
- Determination and desire to achieve results
- Optimism and positive energy
- Initiative-taking; self-directed
- Consistent track record for excelling in a fast-paced business environment
- Enthusiasm for the process of needs investigation, problem solving and meeting customer educational needs
- Ability to build trusting relationships with customers and colleagues and then to maintain those relationships through professional empathy and 13 core trust behaviors
- Strong written, oral, and presentational communication skills
- Resilience and the ability to overcome challenges to achieve outcomes
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Collaboration skills - ability to interact and engage with others while working towards a common goal
- Analytical skills – ability to prioritize based on data and to manage tracking to goal
- Change agility – able to adapt quickly and lead others through change
- Learning agility – aptitude for learning new technologies and skills.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Passion for education
- Teaching background
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Higher Education
Req ID: 1235