Senior Solutions Specialist - Product Sales ( 571190-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Public Sector Domain Experts organization provides domain expertise and thought leadership to co-create with customers their mission-critical transformation. As a Sr. UCC Domain Consultant, you will partner with Public Sector Wireless and Wireline account teams to advise and develop strategies to leverage Verizon’s products, services, technology capabilities, and strategic partners to earn our spot as a trusted advisor for Verizon’s Public Sector clients.
The role of the Public Sector UCC Domain Consultant is to develop technology solutions based on customer desired business outcomes. The Consultant will work collaboratively with the account team and other Domains to sell with, and directly to, our customers as a force multiplier. Subject matter expertise is required in the area of Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) to include cloud based IP communication services (Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya, Ribbon, Blue Jeans, Zoom, etc), Mobility and Future of Work Solutions, IP trunking, net/video/audio conferencing, e911 and other related UC technologies. Additionally the role includes the development of strategic plans with peers, account teams and customers for transformation to IP communications and associated Professional and Managed Services to consult on strategy and project deployment. This is a quota based position with quarterly and annual targets.
- Using Thought Leadership to write White Papers, participate in market events, support proposals, and create UCC Domain Use Cases.
- Researching, understanding, and identifying customer’s mission-critical digital &UCC technology transformation needs.
- Co-creating client’s transformational UCC roadmap vision leveraging Verizon’s strengths & promoting our complete portfolio to provide end-to-end managed services solutions.
- Developing trusted external /external cross-functional relationships while establishing thought leadership & credibility.
- Collaborating with internal /external stakeholders to create end-to-end solutions and unique value proposition leveraging Verizon’s portfolio of products & services and our best -in breed UCC partner eco-system.
- Articulating Verizon’s portfolio of UCC domain solutions, value proposition, differentiators, and win themes, use cases, past performance, customized presentations, and compelling proposal response content.
- Influencing UCC product roadmap prioritization by contributing relevant information that further defines industry UCC trends, customer needs, competitive market conditions and UCC solutions opportunity potential for use in business cases.
What we’re looking for...
A successful UCC Domain Expert in Public Sector markets: Federal, State, Local and Education. A sales professional that creates opportunities and has exceeded sales quotas year over year. A proven strategic solutioning sales background with experience selling end-to-end solutions to the Public Sector. In-depth experience selling to Public Sector with a proven track record of leading, creating and closing large complex deals. Direct sales experience carrying and exceeding Public Sector sales quota. You have a balance of expertise across the following UCC product disciplines; IP Trunking (SIP), Hosted and Premised based IP PBXs, Mobility, “IM&P”, Audio, Net and Video Conferencing. Experience in creating and selling “Remote Worker” end-to-end use cases inclusive of UCC, security, customer experience services, managed services, professional services, SDN, 5G, MEC, and other technologies Verizon offers to develop holistic solutions for our customers.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience in account development and leadership.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience leading large Public Sector IP transformational projects, both premised-based and cloud based.
- The drive to meet or exceed challenging sales targets.
- Strong communication skills to effectively position new ideas.
- Persuaded and negotiated to create desired outcomes.
- Balanced multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Security Clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).