Sales Engineer Auto and Industrial IOT ( 576602-1H )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be crafting solutions to help the biggest names in the Auto OEM segment to help them with their autonomous and electric vehicle initiatives. You will work closely with senior IT, engineering and business executives. Partnering with the Auto OEM sales team, you’ll understand customer needs and craft the best package of our services from data and voice. Your toolkit will also include security, IT, mobility, and professional managed services – all to help customers run their businesses smarter, safer, and faster. You will be focused on the technical aspect of solutions for new and existing business and enterprise customers. The goal will be to deliver the best technical solutions along with the best customer service.
- Understanding customer business challenges, goals, and environment.
- Designing the right package of solutions and services to meet the customer need.
- Writing proposals and supporting the contracting process—ensuring that all technical needs along with legal and compliance needs are all satisfied.
- Incorporating internal and third party suppliers as appropriate to meet the customer need.
- Ensuring the feasibility of the proposed solution with the delivery and product teams.
- Building and communicating the value proposition with client executives and key partners.
This position can be located in any valid Verizon Business location in the domestic USA
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You appreciate how technology can transform organizations and the ways they do business. You are up-to-date on the latest technology trends but you also bring a broader business perspective. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires you to collaborate with multiple functions and partners to bring a concept to life. By flexing your style to each person and situation, you build rapport and gain trust of others. You have an ability to convey complex ideas in a straightforward manner and to inspire people to think about new possibilities.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Selling, designing, or consulting technical enterprise business solutions.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in designing IT and/or managed telecommunications solutions. Ideally, from concept development through implementation in the Automotive industry.
- Proposed, sold, and/or implemented large complex enterprise-wide technology solutions to Fortune 500 companies. Ideally, “big Five” consulting experience.
- Experience with large scale complex enterprise-wide technology solutions.
- Experience with Building business cases incorporating cost analysis and ROI.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).