When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
As our Lead Inside Sales for SMB you will be responsible for generating sales to companies within their territory that have 1-99 total fleet vehicles as well as identifying new prospects in the market through lead generation, cold calling and networking. This position requires a high degree of business acumen and communication skills to close sales deals. This position is a full cycle sales role which guides the prospective customer through all phases of the sales process.
Responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Generating and prospecting accounts which will be supported by inbound activity supported by marketing or internal company channels.
- Presenting product capabilities through web-based demonstrations setup by own appointments.
- Prioritizing activity and sales pipeline to achieve goals with an emphasis on managing personal time, productivity, and accurate forecasting.
- Following-up on proposals and negotiating contracts with prospective customers in collaboration with the Managing Partner.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients from initial contact through close of sale.
- Maintaining a thorough working knowledge of all services offered by Verizon Connect and awareness of the competition.
- Completing all required documentation and reporting including call and meeting activity, forecasting and bids and proposals within assigned territory using Salesforce.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in Spanish.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Three or more years of B2B inside sales experience.
- Ability to respond with a sense of urgency in a sales-driven culture.
- Competitive personality with a track record of overachieving.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Receptiveness to feedback, a willingness to learn and embrace continuous improvement.
- Ability to be a resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Strong leadership qualities.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.