Remote Inside Sales Representative
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Generating sales helps our business grow, and you’ll help us achieve continued growth by providing exceptional customer service. As a Work from Home Inside Sales Representative, you'll take inbound calls from potential customers in response to promotional communications. You’ll also make some outbound calls to customers who are eligible for new promotions. You’ll help our customers understand how our wireless services will enable them to play, work, and live better all while working remotely from the convenience of your home office. To be eligible for this position, your home office must be located anywhere within the state of Washington.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Listening to customers' needs and making appropriate recommendations.
- Promoting our products and services.
- Communicating the value of our offerings.
- Influencing the purchasing decisions of new and existing customers.
What we’re looking for...
You’re someone others look to for advice on the latest technology. Working toward challenging commission-based sales targets to motivate you to perform at your best. Multi-tasking comes easy to you, even in an at-home environment that lacks direct supervision. You are persistent and know that with effort, you will win. You make connections with all types of people, are a skilled communicator, and build rapport easily.
You'll need to have:
- Meet all home office requirements listed below.
- One or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to work in a commission-based environment.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- An Associate's Degree.
- Commission-based experience.
- Experience handling inbound and outbound customer calls to achieve sales.
- The ability to work effectively in an at-home environment independent of immediate supervision.
- Experience solving customer problems in a work-from-home environment.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Home office and virtual office Requirements:
- This is a work-from-home role with occasional in-person meetings and training.
- Your home office must be located within the state of Washington.
- Internet service with a direct connection to a cable or fiber modem capable of at least 25mbps (per your service plan; a monetary stipend may be provided to you). Wireless connections, Satelite or DSL are not acceptable.
- A dedicated quiet, private workspace.
- Verizon conducts periodic home audits via webcam to ensure your workspace meets requirements.
- The ability to self-manage in a remote work environment, including setup of company-provided ergonomic chair, desk and computer equipment and ongoing proactive, skilled, and effective management of your home network and connections.
- Demonstrated self-discipline, time management skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work collaboratively with leaders and on a team - all in a remote work environment.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefit options including: medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, AD&D insurance, identity theft protection, pet insurance and group home & auto insurance. We also offer a matched 401(k) savings plan, stock incentive programs, up to 8 company paid holidays per year and up to 6 personal days per year, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. Newly hired employees receive up to 15 days of vacation per year, which grows with additional service. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Washington work location, the starting base pay rate for this position is $17/hour. This is a commission-based position with the potential to earn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.