Sr Representative-Inside Sales ( 588705-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Sr Inside Sales Representative’s goal is to develop a pipeline of SMB clients that have opportunities for future growth, introducing new upsell products and features, demonstrating said products and ultimately closing the business to secure incremental revenue.
This role will combine the role responsibilities of a Business Development Representative and the responsibilities of a Sales Partner and ultimately own the full sales cycle.
Be heavily engaged with consulting business owners and their executive teams.
- Make outbound phone contacts, conduct web demonstrations, present/negotiate pricing, partner with Finance to present business cases for contract re-writes and pricing negotiations, execute contracts via Docusign, manage email campaigns developed in partnership with Marketing, and leverage other digital and inside sales tools across multiple platforms.
- Drive revenue through closing orders for additional vehicles and/or asset tracking solutions, and through closing orders for emerging software solutions and services as part of the growing portfolio within Verizon Connect.
- Partner with other departments such as Customer Support, Customer Success, Implementation and Installations to ensure their customers’ are fully supported at all times.
- Drive peer activity and communicate several times daily with the team on sales activity metrics and performance.
- Prioritize activity and sales pipeline to achieve goals with an emphasis on managing personal time, productivity and accurate forecasting.
- Follow-up on proposals and negotiate contracts with customers in collaboration with Product Sales Account Manager/Managing Partner.
- Maintain an accurate pipeline of viable opportunities that you are currently working to secure a contract.
What we’re looking for...
This hybrid role in San Deigo, CA will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
This is not a remote position.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of direct sales, telesales, or sales support experience.
- One or more years of experience in a high activity business to business sales environment.
- Six or more months of experience exceeding sales quotas and activity metrics once progressed out of the initial training phase (new hire ramp period) as a Business Development Rep.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience performing in accordance with established Performance Agreements and progressing well according to a development plan.
- Experience calling software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions and/or experience in the mobile resource management market.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft products and CRM solutions.
- Experience with business ROI and operating expense management.
External candidates for this role may be eligible for up to a $5000 sign-on bonus, paid after your start date and subject to the terms and conditions of the bonus agreement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).