Manager Sales - International
Manager Sales - International (Job Number: 2300202 )
Manager Sales (International) is responsible at a national level for securing new business from companies currently not using Penske as well as upselling to in-house domestic accounts to increase Penske wallet share. We are looking for a candidate who is dynamic, highly motivated, reliable and who understands and appreciates the importance of a team effort to achieve goals.
The candidate should be able to use a consultative sales approach to gain business. The NSE will be required to design solutions for prospect customers and onboard new customer effectively to hand off to operations team.
Experience from an international NVOCC and/or airfreight background is required. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of inside and outside sales techniques and procedures. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Schedule: Hybrid Opportunity (1-2 days in office)
- Develop, mentor and promote strong performers at all levels within Brokerage (International).
- Exemplify the Penske culture and commitment to integrity and code of ethics.
- Develop tactical and strategic plans to build talent pipeline through associate development and growth objectives.
- Develop and maintain the designated FY brokerage strategic sales business plan
- Drive consistent sales performance across all sales executives with a focus on adding new customers.
- Provide regular reporting on strategic accounts and new business updates
- Manage territory alignment for sales and threshold development for Sales team
- Constantly maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape of 3PL business
- Manage and communicate corporate sales initiatives to Senior Leadership
- Orientate and train new sales executives on the sales process & Penske culture
- Proactively work with the brokerage sales team to identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential Brokerage (International) customers to meet or exceed established thresholds.
- Work with Sr. management, Penske sourcing & pricing group as well as all Brokerage (International) sales executives to prepare estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Achieve defined transactional sales goals and development standards
- Routinely monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Working with the sales executives, establish relationships with other Penske Divisions for the Logistics & Truck Leasing areas to service the existing internal Penske customers, as well as expanding into external customer opportunities.
- Work with the Brokerage (International) sales team to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support to customers.
- Develop a strong knowledge of Penske Sales & Operations so that you can be a source for brokerage sales and customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
Internal Business Partnerships
- Work closely with brokerage (International) & sourcing Operational leadership to leverage operational support while working with various teams to continually improve the efficiency of overall book of business.
- Develop strategic partnerships with Penske Truck Leasing (PTL) and Penske Logistics (PL) organizations, specifically with Senior Sales & Operations to identify cross-sell opportunities within specified client, regional and market areas.
- Collaborate with the Brokerage Sourcing & Pricing teams on pricing decisions, supplier selection, timing and design for operations execution.
- Accurately track growth opportunities through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool, SalesForce.
- Work with sales executives for internal workflow initiatives to obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into Mercury Gate TMS
- Continually work with sales executives and analyze Brokerage (International) accounts to determine efficiency and profitability.
- Take the lead in communicating direction and progress / status of Brokerage (International) deals to senior leadership.
- Previous experience in Freight Forwarding industry preferred
- Hands on experience of international air/ocean & import/export
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or similar field of study with emphasis in: International Business, Logistics/Supply Chain, Marketing, Psychology, Sales, or Transportation a plus
- Preferred to have current IATA dangerous goods certification & STA status
- Experience in collaborating across multiple departments to achieve goals
- Must have strong attention to detail and effective communications skills
- Strong customer focus
- Must be skilled in Problem Solving / Process Improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Collaborate and build relationships with customers, regarding air, ocean, import, and export products
- Knowledge of state, federal, and international applicable laws, and regulations i.e., customs, TSA, security, and all other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade
- Basic knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities
- Manages complex transactional or emotional customer situations promptly and professionally
- Timely preparation of rates and quotes for customers and overseas agents
- Support the development of existing and new customers
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as Penske personnel
- Team player with flexibility in working different shifts
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Salary Range: $81,900 - $110,600
Benefits: Our excellent benefits plan keeps associates and their families happy, healthy and secure. To learn more visit https://penske.jobs/benefits/
Work Locations :2280 Wardlow Circle 2280 Wardlow CircleSuite 140
Corona, CA 92880
Primary Location : United States-California-Corona
Job : Sales/Business Development/Sales Management
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.National Account Manager
Req ID: 2300202