Intern, Commercial Sales Internship Program (Summer 2023)
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
The Commercial Sales Internship is a unique 10-week program designed to give students “hands-on” experience in understanding pharma and selling prescription therapies. Focus areas will align to sales core competencies and matrix functions. Each intern will be assigned a project that they will work on with others to be presented at the end of the summer to senior leaders. The intern will have an opportunity to demonstrate their leadership skills and analytical ability throughout their assignment. Ideal candidates will combine technical and business knowledge with analytical strength and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Each intern is assigned a mentor to assist them throughout the summer
• All interns will be evaluated and considered for a returning summer internship or full-time employment based on their performance over the course of their internship
• Opportunities for professional development and to learn more about the company through networking and team building events will be provided
• Final presentation to senior leaders & team members on summer project
Qualifications & Experience
• Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program
• Must have a strong interest in a sales career
• Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Completed at least two or three years of college education before beginning internship
• Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
• Proven leadership skills in student, community, or professional organizations
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• Highly motivated individual with proven strong academic performance
• Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
• Authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship
• Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.