Internship Program: Technical Sales
We make what matters work.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience
- Our internship programs are designed to provide early talent with diverse experiences across various businesses and locations. To enhance your learning and fully maximize the benefits of the program, relocating to an endorsed Eaton location will be required.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The salary for this role ranges from $19.38 - $24.23 per hour.
What you’ll do:
Over the course of this 12-week paid internship, students will engage in projects that hold tangible significance for our business while receiving guidance and mentorship from Eaton's esteemed leaders. The Technical Sales Internship Program provides challenging sales assignments that will build the participant’s sales, technical and leadership skills while growing product and functional knowledge base. The program provides personal development and the opportunity to grow leadership attributes through training, networking and coaching.
This program provides great exposure to Eaton and prepares students to be considered for the Eaton Technical Sales Development Programs upon graduation.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor's degree program from an accredited institution
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- Must be geographically flexible to relocate within the United States
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Prior internship or co-op experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or community
- Enrolled in an engineering or business degree from an accredited institution
- Ability to speak a second language
- Completion of sophomore year by the start of internship
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the Technical Sales Assignment Manager
- This role may require the employee to maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed
- The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance
We aspire to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of our employees. We do this by helping all our employees maximize their physical, financial and emotional wellbeing, both at work and at home. Learn more about Eaton’s Wellness Culture Here (https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/company/careers/wellbeing-at-eaton.html)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.