Summer Internship 2022-Marketing-Minnesota (R457066)
Who we want
Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. Stryker Marketing interns will get to:
•Apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting•Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills•Complete projects that revolve around medical education, marketing/operations, brand management, and portfolio management•Network with key/high-level stakeholders and leaders of the business
As a Marketing intern at Stryker, you will be placed in one of the following teams:
Downstream Marketing•Participate in key commercialization activities such as developing campaigns, messaging, and positioning•Gain field experience with sales members and surgeons operating in the US•Gather customer insights to aid in the creation and validation of various statements, campaigns and commercial models in order to help achieve results •Learn and practice the Big Picture Marketing framework in order to build structure to marketing activities into the future
Upstream Marketing•Participate in product development activities and strategic marketing initiatives in order to build the future of Stryker products•Manage projects between R&D, Marketing, and customer insights to help make decisions that align with customer needs•Learn and practice the Big Picture Marketing framework in order to build structure to marketing activities into the future
Marketing Communications•Partner with internal and external entities to develop marketing collateral to be used in customer-facing interactions•Ensure brand consistent company and product messaging and accessibility to communication efforts for product launches to deliver results•Assist in the implementation and execution of Stryker’s communication strategy, including web, advertising, direct marketing and sales force communication efforts to drive our business•Assist in implementation and execution of all trade shows and sales meetings to engage our external customers and internal team
What You Need
• Currently working on completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan be enrolled in a degree-seeking program after the summer
• Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require employment-based sponsorship now or in the future.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills