Associate Data Management Analyst (Marketing and Sales) (400)
At Pearson, we’re dedicated to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that inspires us to always be better.
We seek an Associate Data Analyst, Product Data Management to join a highly engaging, fast-paced team whose focus is on the quality of Pearson’s Product Data. Pearson is the largest eLearning company in the world, with the ability to impact hundreds of thousands of educators and millions of learners, and this position plays a significant part in the operational efficiency of the business.
As an Associate Data Analyst, you will be responsible for the overall quality of Pearson’s Product Data related to the needs of our data consumers—specifically the related Pearson catalogs for select businesses in various parts of the world. You will be part of a team tasked with learning about each catalog’s requirements, providing support in root cause analyses, auditing catalog-related data points, consulting with various stakeholders, and advising on attributes and value combinations that would support catalog needs. This role reports to Manager, Product Data Management.
Associate Data Analyst’s Day-to-Day
The Associate Data Analyst is primarily engaged with and driving the completion of Product Data projects.
- Serve as a data steward for sales and marketing related data by hosting or participating in stewardship meetings by collaborating with and communicating often with key sales and marketing stakeholders and partners to discuss issues and trends.
- Contribute to, enhance, or develop business glossaries detailing essential information related to sales and marketing impacts to or from various attributes or values.
- Design and compile data reports based on business requests and/or needs.
- Conduct frequent and measurable data audits to gauge data quality and complete cleansing projects that serve and align with global data practices
- Participate and contribute to the investigation and resolution of undesirable data quality issues.
- Actively partake in data governance practices to ensure governance rules are met and be accountable for Pearson’s global product data by promoting Product Data Management’s data quality expectations—valid, accurate, and complete data.
- Develop a working rapport with Pearson’s various Lines of Business with the goal of gaining a deeper working knowledge of their product and catalog needs.
- Support, participate in, and/or lead large-scale data projects through to completion, including identifying and driving any ‘impact’ data projects or ‘spin-off’ projects that result in additional efforts that are either related or not to the original project plan.
- Develop project schedules and track and report progress to team project managers.
- Complete other various small projects as necessary (e.g., documentation, training videos, etc.).
Associate Analyst Qualities
- Expertise in the language and story represented by product data.
- Ability to teach and motivate others.
- A desire to learn, solve, or “find answers” to problems or “find solutions” to undesirable situations.
- Interest in and ability to prioritize conflicting assignments.
- Willingness to work with a diverse team across many different businesses, locations, and ranges of experience and knowledge.
- Ability to consider different perspectives and contribute one’s own thoughts and ideas in favor of or that caution against approaches that could impact the desired outcome by business stakeholders.
- Willingness to ask unsolicited questions in the pursuit of continuous professional development.
- An awareness for one’s ability in how to manage change and new ways of working.
- An awareness of KPIs to measure data quality and data performance.
Capabilities and Performance
- Accountability – You’re self-motivated to achieve performance tasks and goals.
- Communication – You’re an advocate for your self, your team, and the success of the business by speaking up—whether it’s a need for clarity, a concern or risk, new ideas, new solutions, etc.
- Team Work – You’re a team player with a desire to teach and learn from others, as well as listen to, have patience with, and assist through inquiry.
- Performance – You’re self-motivated to complete daily work assignments and are interested in tasks or opportunities above and beyond what is expected of you.
- Skills and Learning Agility – You’re a multi-faceted thinker with the insight to look at situations from multiple points of view to come to the best possible approach for implementation.
- Motivation – You’re a self-starter who is open to and contributes with new ideas, new solutions, and new learning opportunities.
- Results – You have an awareness to how you set, achieve, and exceed goals, and can articulate and express the achievement of those goals with a level of measurement.
- Ownership – You’re a self-owner in all that you do—whether it’s prioritizing your workload or your work-life balance—and can acknowledge and are willing to express personal, professional, or other limitations to ensure you gain the assistance you need to be successful.
Pearson’s Core Values applied to Product Data Management
Brave – Demonstrates resilience in everyday operations. Promotes data governance in the pursuit for excellence in data quality.
Imaginative – Uses a breadth of experiences from life, academia, and/or previous professions to engage in Pearson’s product data story and the goals of the product(s) relative to consuming audiences. Promotes new, more efficient processes to drive the overall improvement and maintenance of data quality.
Decent –Demonstrates the ability “to do the right thing” and represents Pearson’s values and mission in everyday behavior as a confidant to colleagues and external partners. Expresses sensible and courteous behaviors to all business stakeholders.
Accountable –Continuously shows integrity by setting clear expectations and deliverables; and follows through with those deliverables. Strives to implement changes requested by business stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner that reflects Pearson’s integrity and ethical practices with regards to products and their data.
Organization: Global Product
Req ID: 400