Product Marketing Assistant (2105575)
Product Marketing Assistant - ( 2105575 )
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
We seek an experience d Product Marketing Assistant to join a highly collaborative and fast-moving team dedicated to marketing Pearson products that capitalize on market opportunities, meet customer needs and deliver learner outcomes. The Product Marketing Assistant reports to the Director of Product Marketing and supports the team’s work in leveraging market and customer insights to inform global product strategy, defining products through positioning and messaging, and creating compelling brand assets and supports the shaping of strong campaigns for effective selling.
Collaboration, partnership and active stakeholder management are foundational to success in this role. Thriving in an evolving environment, driving innovation and continuous improvement for efficiency and sustainable growth is key.
- Participate in synthesis of market research and learning science insights associated with assigned products. Assist with market research – data collection and entry-level data analysis – to inform decisions regarding products and strategy.
- Assist in the drafting and implementation of marketing plans, including support in creating assets such as market forecasting reports, customer-facing communications, and marketing collateral.
- Prepare materials and handle the logistics for internal meetings as well as customer-facing conferences, events, and virtual events.
- Assist with market development and market seeding activities for new product launches, including tracking participants and arranging payments.
- Support customer events and conferences as needed, including giving demos of our technology to educators and students.
- Fulfill requests and answer questions from customers, Core/Growth sales and marketing, and other requests escalated by product marketers.
- Develop and maintain a tracking database to monitor market use of technology products and/or textbooks.
- Support the training of local marketing members and field personnel, assisting with the creation of sales tools, training events, etc.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders such as North America marketing and sales in order to effectively serve the needs of the customers.
- Grow and maintain a student advisory board via activities such as recruitment, project organization, administrative support, logistics, and communications.
- Contribute to team initiatives as needed.
- Act as an ambassador for Pearson products, generating excitement and enthusiasm internally and externally.
- Be part of a culture that promotes partnership, teamwork and innovation
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience as an assistant, preferably in marketing, editorial, or product management
- Strong organizational skills, resourcefulness, and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills (written, oral, presentations) and ability to communicate to diverse audiences, internal and external
- Passion for education and its power to transform the potential for individuals and communities worldwide
- Proficiency in analytical and data visualization skills (e.g., Tableau, MS Excel)
- Fluency with Google suite, MS Office, survey tools, and SalesForce; ability to learn new technologies as needed over time
- Able to commit to working US business hours, as majority of stakeholders are in North America (i.e. marketing teams, product teams, NA salesforce)
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, authors and customers
- Operates as a self aware, effective team player and makes a positive impact on culture
- Possesses a global outlook and approach
- Experience working and thriving in a global matrix organization
Primary Location : US-MA-Boston
Other Locations : US-OH-Columbus, US-RE-Remote
Work Locations :
Job : Marketing
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 4, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2105575