Associate Director, Regional Marketing, Neurology/MS (OR, WA, AK, ID) (R1559470-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Director, Regional Marketing, Neurology/MS (OR, WA, AK, ID)
Director, Regional Marketing
Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum 5 years of experience in one of the following: field sales, product marketing or medical affairs. Minimum 5 years of experience in MS, neurology or specialty therapeutics. Marketing, Sales management and / or launch experience strongly preferred. Experience with thought leader engagement, ad boards and speakers bureau strongly preferred.
The Associate Director, Regional Marketing, is a senior in-market position within the US commercial organization that will focus on commercial KOL engagement to gain insights into regional opportunities and provide a bridge between regional markets and headquarters, speaker development and refresher training for disease state (and product, when appropriate), and will support the execution of approved patient programs. Regional Marketing will liaise with other field-based professionals, within approved SOPs, including but not limited to RSDs, DMs, Market Access Account Executives and RMLs, as appropriate, in addition to home office-based colleagues in Marketing, Sales, Market Access and Medical Affairs, as appropriate. The position will report to the Director, Regional Marketing and be part of the US Neurology Marketing team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Speaker Program Management & Engagement
- Develops physician speakers to provide high-quality speaker programs on disease state and product, when appropriate
- Provides refresher and follow up training to speakers on PACT-approved speaker materials
- Ensures appropriate and compliant execution of speaker programs
- Monitors speaker performance at live programs
- Provides field-based training to speakers on speaker programs when needed
- Engage with assigned KOLs and solicit feedback, as necessary
Physician Discussions (disease state or product, when appropriate) in assigned targeted accounts
- Supports disease state or product, when appropriate conversations focused on key topics
- Executes physician engagement activities in the field and at key congresses
Compliant Collaboration with other In-Market and Home Offices-Based Teams
- Provides input and support in developing account plans for Sales
- Provides field-based training for Sales when needed
- Works with cross-functional teams to provide key customer insights and input on strategy, tactics, and messaging, and program execution
Compliance & Integrity
- Works with the highest degree of professionalism and in accordance with the company’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Minimum 5 years of experience in one of the following: product marketing, field sales or medical affairs
- Minimum 5 years of experience in MS, neurology or specialty therapeutics
- Marketing, Sales Management, and / or launch experience strongly preferred
- Experience with thought leader engagement, ad boards and speaker’s bureau strongly preferred
- Proven ability to manage large geographical territory
- Demonstrated ability to build productive stakeholder relationships and effectively meet their needs
- Ability to inform strategies, develop tactics and execute against strategic plans under short timelines that will help to achieve the desired goals
- Strong business acumen. Understands market dynamics, business drivers, corporate goals and impact on strategy
- Clinical knowledge and aptitude in complex disease states. Desire to continuously learn and improve by applying new knowledge and skills on the job
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Self-driven with strong organizing and planning skills. Able to determine effective approaches and take the appropriate action based on the available information and consistent with the over-arching strategy
- Ability to leverage appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans
- Highly collaborative with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to try different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
- Willingness to work evenings and select weekends is required
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.