Sr. Consumer Marketing Director, Client Engagement Solutions - Telecommute (111058192)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a member of the Optum Rx Marketing team, the Senior Director of Consumer Marketing will have responsibility for client engagement solutions and associated consumer marketing strategies. This role will lead the Client Engagement Solutions team requiring excellent client-facing delivery and consultative skills to credibly represent Optum Rx in the context of consumer engagement and marketing.
This role will be responsible for development and oversight of consumer engagement strategies to demonstrably activate and engage members in their pharmacy benefit and associated services. Strong client management and communication skills are critical.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide leadership, accountability, and responsibility for the Client Engagement Solutions team
- Anticipate client and consumer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Represent and serve as a subject matter expert for Optum Rx marketing to internal and external customers
- Oversee development and delivery of responses to business growth opportunities, associated with consumer marketing, from RFP to post-submission activity
- Serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Perform complex conceptual analyses and develop innovative solutions
- Forecast and plan resource requirements
- Manage marketing budget and associated delivery of all marketing activity within agreed budget
- Oversee work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement
- Motivate and inspire other team members, with an emphasis on fostering employee engagement
- Implement and manage marketing programs focused on building awareness and demonstrably driving consumer engagement
- Develop and oversee the necessary metrics to evaluate effectiveness of consumer marketing activation plans
- Manage review processes to ensure achievement of marketing strategies and associated business goals/objectives
- Perform research to identify/analyze consumer needs and preferences
- Develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, communications, or relevant work experience
- 10+ years consumer marketing experience
- People management experience
- Experience working directly with clients and leadership
- Experience collaborating with internal and external customers to gain consensus and move initiatives forward
- Experience managing a marketing budget
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Healthcare marketing experience
- PBM knowledge and experience
- Agency or consulting experience
- Self-starter who can operate well in a changing environment and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively message, position, and present information for client impact and influence
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.