Director HCP Marketing - ELIQUIS US
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Lead the development of the marketing strategies, initiatives, and tactics for the HCP customer channel, for non-valvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), and pulmonary embolism (PE) indications of ELIQUIS, the largest branded product by volume in the US Rx market.
- Co-lead development of the professional marketing strategy, initiatives, and messaging for non-valvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), and pulmonary embolism (PE) including implementation of plans.
- Lead the development of all commercial initiatives for community and hospital/institution-based physicians, and organized customers for all indications
- Oversee development of messaging market research, and other strategic research projects, and develop specific insights in order to inform strategy
- Advance new marketing techniques, strategies and capabilities to extract additional brand growth through segmentation, channel optimization and new or improved technological applications
- Lead a team of 3-5 marketers and additional possible intern or preceptor staff, including coaching, objective setting, and development planning
- Liaison with Medical and HEOR team to transform real world data (RWD) into healthcare professional (HCP) promotions
- Work with training and agency teams to support Field Sales Force training of marketing strategy, messaging, and materials
- Lead the development of promotional education programs across all indications including oversight of speakers and speaker training
- US member of the Global Brand Team working on positioning, campaign and long-term planning for ELIQUIS
Qualifications & Experience:
- Desired 10 years pharmaceutical experience with 7 years of relevant marketing experience and expertise in biopharma and general marketing fundamentals. MBA preferred.
- Prior sales, sales management, or regional sales leadership highly preferred
- Exceptional marketing analytics, insights and problem solving capability
- Understanding of the broader cardiovascular marketplace across the care continuum is helpful but not mandatory.
- Proven track record of effectively and efficiently driving performance within a matrix organization and a strong ability to build alignment and collaborative working relationships both within the company and across an Alliance
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team of direct reports is highly desired
- Prior experience working with an alliance partner
- Experience in financial management a plus.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with proven project management experience to drive performance. Leverage multiple influence modalties.
- Acts with a sense of accountability and urgency.
- Knowledge and experience in navigating the regulatory approval process and other relevant codes of practice.
- Experience with internal BMS processes and systems desired
- Strong knowledge of professional and payor marketing fundamentals required
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.