Director, Regional Marketing Liaison, SOTYKTU, West Region
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Position: Director, Regional Marketing Liaison, SOTYKTU, West Region
Location: Field US/ Remote
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The West Coast Director will report to the Sr. Director for the RMK team and manage a field team of 8 associate directors. The West Director of RMK’s role is an in-market position (Western Region) and will report into US marketing organization. This role will focus on leading engagements with psoriasis Medical Experts (ME) to gain insights into national, regional, and local opportunities, provide a bridge between regional markets and headquarters, regionally support the brand strategy, lead strategy and promotional speaker development, training, and the execution of promotional programs, and support local and regional congress activity. This role will liaise with other field-based Leaders, within approved SOPs, including but not limited to Field Medical, Sales (including ITS, DBMs,RBDs), Training, Advocacy, US Value, Access & Payment, in addition to home office-based colleagues in Marketing, Sales, US Value, Access & Payment and Medical as appropriate.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Brand Strategy: Lead your region’s pull through of the Brand Strategy/key deliverables with an eye toward regional insights/key learnings that will make strategic pull through more successful.
- Working with cross-functional teams to provide key customer insights and input on strategy, tactics (including Pharmacy channel), messaging, and program execution.
- Supporting the development and execution of approved Advisory Boards
- Assist in identification of Healthcare Professional (HCP) consultants based on profile established by the approved Consultant Engagement Project Brief
- Facilitate, participate in, and attend advisory boards, where appropriate
- Assess insights and key learning from advisory boards to support brand evolutions
KOL Coordination: Lead strategic development and execution of the West Region’s HCP engagement plan with leadership of a team for robust coverage of key KOLs. This should be done in concert with Medical and Sales Regional leadership.
- Supporting disease state, pathway, and approved on-label discussions and consistent and complaint with label product conversations focused on key topics utilizing approved promotional messaging and PReP approved materials
- Engaging with assigned TLs and solicit feedback, as necessary
- Participating and attending Congresses and other industry meetings
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with HCPs and affiliate members
- Attend disease state lectures and sessions at the congress
- Attend Local and Regional Advocacy events to support Brand
Compliant Matrix Collaboration: Serve as your Region’s key collaborator across Field-based leadership in your region and Home Office-based teams.
- Provide input and support in developing account plans for Sales Speaker Management and Engagement
- Identify and developing HCP Speakers to provide high-quality compliance promotional education
- Provide refresher and follow-up training to Speakers on PReP-approved Speaker materials
- Ensure your team’s appropriate and compliant execution of branded and unbranded Speaker programs in compliance with BMS guiding principles
- Monitor Speaker performance at live Programs for the purpose of evaluating speaker effectiveness and capabilities
- Works with home office Marketing, Sales and cross-functional teams to provide key customer insights and input on strategy, tactics, and messaging, and program execution
- Assists in the development of Home office Brand Strategy and in the execution of the strategy in the Regions
Team Leadership & Talent Development: This is an important field leadership role and will require someone to be experienced leading/managing a large team and driving execution excellence across several functions to ensure the broader success of the her or his Regional area.
Compliance & Integrity: Leading your Regional teams with the highest degree of professionalism and in accordance with applicable BMS policies and governing laws, rules and regulations, industry codes and the company’s Principles of Integrity.
Director of Regional Marketing Skills / Knowledge Required:
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience of recent (preferred) dermatology leadership role with one of the following: product marketing, field sales, access, or field medical
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in immune mediated diseases with a high preference for dermatology experience.
- Direct People Management experience or 2-3 years of experience in a thought leader engagement role, ad board strategy and facilitation experience, and speaker’s bureau management strongly preferred
- Expertise with submission to medical, legal, and regulatory arms and Veeva systems.
- Proven ability to manage a field-based team with large geographic footprint
- Demonstrated ability to build productive stakeholder relationships internally and externally & effectively create solutions and innovative approaches
- Strong business acumen. Understands SP’s, bridge programs, and complex SP distributed drug market dynamics, business drivers, corporate goals and impact on strategy
- Clinical knowledge and aptitude in complex disease states. Desire to continuously learn and improve by applying new knowledge and skills on the job
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
- Willingness to work evenings and select weekends is required
- Strong affinity to people development
- Travel: Up to 40-50%
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $220,000-255,000 plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility). The starting pay takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed. Final, individual compensation is decided based on demonstrated experience. For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Careers site. Eligibility for specific benefits listed in our careers site may vary based on the job and location.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.