Director, Marketing Strategy (2102786)
Director, Marketing Strategy - ( 2102786 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here The Power of Difference at https://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
The Director, Marketing Strategy will report to the VP of Brand Marketing and be responsible for driving Pearson’s brand strategy with a focus on digital marketing (SEO, SEM, etc.) and media effectiveness. They will establish and maintain relationships with the marketing community across Pearson, seek out opportunities to test and learn, and collaborate on marketing best practices. This role will have a heavy focus on creating and supporting marketing strategy for Pearson’s new direct-to-consumer (DTC) division. The ideal candidate will have a pulse on new platforms and the media landscape with a deep understanding of different and creative, yet relevant, ways that Pearson can show up. They will be responsible for leading the development of brand-level marketing partnerships that support company goals and create lasting impressions with consumer audiences.
The role requires cross-functional collaboration across the Corporate marketing function and business units, the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and workstreams concurrently, and a strong understanding of marketing strategy, business and financial acumen to clearly articulate ROI. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background and experience in building and executing full funnel digital marketing strategies. The Director of Marketing Strategy will partner with internal teams and manage external agencies to establish and deliver on marketing and business KPI’s, with the primary goal to drive and improve marketing effectiveness across Pearson both from a spend and best practices perspective. The Director of Marketing Strategy will work alongside the Analytics & Insights team to identify and test new audiences and support building a strong consuming-facing footprint for the company. They will leverage key insights and research to manage marketing budgets, directing resources to the highest opportunities, measuring marketing ROI, and pivoting when opportunities shift. Additionally, they will be responsible for communicating results, and strategic recommendations based on findings to senior leadership.
- Responsible for strategy and implementation of marketing and media tests, with a specific focus on building out consumer-lead strategies
- Responsible for company-wide implementation of marketing best practices
- Partner with key platforms like Google, Facebook, LinkedIn to optimize advertising relationships
- Accountable for identifying and aggregating marketing spend efficiencies across Pearson
- Accountable for training and developing direct reports
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Extensive background in digital marketing strategy and media experience within the advertising agency or consumer products industries with demonstrated ability to develop and drive strategic plans for large organizations
- Strategic thinker who has the ability to analyze/ interpret data and translate research into actionable results
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience in advertising, marketing, or related field
- Excellent executive-level presentation skills, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with, leading and influencing virtual teams, both in person and remotely
- Internal & external stakeholder management experience with a specific focus on negotiation and influence to drive results
- Demonstrated track record of success in managing brand marketing campaigns from ideation/strategy development to acquisition, and pre and post results analysis
- Highly experienced in digital marketing core competencies (SEO, SEM, paid social, etc.)
- Outstanding interpersonal and analytical skills with a high degree of maturity and professionalism
- High degree of ownership to consistently deliver results in a fast paced and high-profile environment
- Previous experience in a senior marketing leadership position with a large organization with experience in both business and consumer brand management and marketing
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in marketing and advertising
Personal Style & Behavior
- External awareness and consumer orientation
- Collaboration, teamwork and stakeholder management
- Results driven and organization buy-in
- A collaborator, able to bring together cross-functional groups for a single purpose and influence across Pearson’s ecosystems
- Ability to sell ideas up, down and across an organization
- Agile proponent, ability to fail fast and apply learnings
Primary Location : US-NJ-Hoboken
Other Locations : US-California, US-New York
Work Locations :
Job : Marketing
Organization : Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Director
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 15, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2102786