Senior Director, Marketing - Pathways, Remote (2104470)
Senior Director, Marketing - Pathways, Remote - ( 2104470 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here The Power of Difference
The Director, Marketing Communication - Pearson Pathways is responsible for providing world-class marketing services for PearsonPathways.com and the prospective and participating Academic Partners. The DMC may develop or work with various internal/external teams to identify, manage, and deliver services such as account management, marketing strategy, messaging, content creation, lead nurturing, conversion and performance analytics, and project and identity management. The DMC is the primary owner of marketing performance and the communication of performance activity to the Produce Owner, functional leads, and Pearson leadership. This is a Senior/Management level position which requires expert knowledge and the ability to work independently. General Responsibilities
- Provides World Class Marketing Client Service Management by creating synergies with our internal teams & Academic Partners which empower us to exceed our objectives.
- Helps to provide oversight on the planning, implementation, development and or servicing of new marketing ideas for AcademicPartners & internal teams
- Manages communications projects for various components of the marketing life cycle or services.
- Helps to develop, execute and/or provide service management of marketing objectives.
- Prepares & presents materials/findings both internally and externally for the marketing communications area he or she supports.
- Provides Academic Partner insights and strategies which help enable internal & external teams to deliver results that exceed objectives.
- Creates buy in from multiple constituents in a collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Hires, coaches, and develops high-performing teams
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Business Administration or related field, OR appropriate combination of education and significant experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in marketing, account management, or a related field with proven ability to provide specific experience in the following areas:
- o Initiating and managing large scale and complex projects across numerous cross-functional and central marketing teams. o Planning and project management of multi-channel and multi-audience asset development. o Managing digital marketing, direct response strategies, conversion/performance optimization, and financially sound media investment decisions. o Guiding optimum collaboration across working teams (RS, IT, Creative, Copy, Conversion, all Media Channels, etc.) o Strategic problem-solving skills to guide team discussion and problem-solving with consideration of multiple factors and stakeholders.
- Outstanding intrapersonal skills with a high degree of maturity and professionalism
- Customer service orientation with specific experience in handling high-profile, high-demand, senior-level Academic Partners .
- High degree of personal ownership and accountability to consistently deliver results in a fast paced and high-profile environment
- Experience in managing marketing and technology agencies
- Outstanding organization and project management skills. Agile/Scrum experience preferred
- Supervisory Responsibilities Direct management of a team and/or external agencies
Primary Location : US-FL-Orlando
Other Locations : US-FL-West Palm Beach, US-IL-Elgin, US-IL-River Forest, US-IL-Normal, US-AZ-Flagstaff, US-IL-Carbondale, US-IL-DeKalb, US-IL-Elk Grove Village, US-AZ-Glendale, US-IL-Davenport, US-IL-Joliet, US-FL-Miami, US-IL-Bloomington, US-IL-Champaign, US-IL-University Park, US-FL-Daytona, US-AZ-Chandler
Work Locations :
US-FL-Orlando-2101 Park Center2101 Park Center DriveSuite 250
Job : Marketing
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Director
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Mar 23, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2104470