Director, Global Marketing & Scientific Strategy Lead – Pneumococcal Vaccines ( MERCUSR114604ENUS)
Pneumococcal Disease remains an important cause of disease and death in infants and adults worldwide. Merck has a rich heritage in pneumococcal disease and vaccines (PNEUMOVAX® 23) and a strong pipeline of novel pneumococcal conjugate vaccines. The Pneumococcal Vaccines Franchise is positioned for market leadership over the course of this decade and an important reflection of our mission to save and improve lives around the world.
The Global Marketing & Scientific Strategy Lead for Pneumococcal Vaccines is responsible for developing the strategies and relevant marketing initiatives to drive scientific advocacy for our company's current inline and future pipeline pneumococcal conjugate vaccines in adult and pediatric markets. This critical role will focus on pre- and post-launch disease state education and market development, and will interface with internal stakeholders, including headquarters, regional and country Marketing, Global Medical & Scientific Affairs, the Center for Observational and Real-World Evidence (CORE), Medical Education, Learning and Development, and Global Digital Content Team. External stakeholder engagement will include, but not be limited to Key Opinion Leaders, medical education providers and content development agencies.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Lead Global Pneumococcal Vaccines Scientific Marketing Strategy
- Understand the competitive landscape and lead development of a scientific strategy that differentiates our company's vaccines
- Engage international and regional country stakeholders in market and content development
- Represent global franchise team with planning and execution of scientific, including by not limited to scientific strategy, negotiation & budget
- Represent global franchise team in concert with global public policy team to advance strategic objectives and deepen relationships with external stakeholders
- Represent global franchise team with Learning and Development and ensure development of internal commercial educational resources aligned with Franchise narrative and approval/launch timelines
- Lead and engage in general global marketing initiatives to support brand and market development efforts
Lead Global Medical Education Content Strategy and Execution
- Lead tactical development and approval of medical education content across relevant channels, in partnership with internal and external subject matter experts
- Engage external Medical Education agency partners to develop impactful, evidence-based medical education content for external stakeholders
- Identify and engage optimal next generation and digital medical education content partners
- Plan and develop strategic and tactical content for annual medical congress and symposia
- Identify innovative digital approaches and channels to deploy medical education content in an integrated omni-channel approach
- Serve as Therapeutic Area brand ambassador by supporting development and execution of KOL engagement strategy and plan, in partnership with key internal cross functional partners
Own and Manage Franchise Medical Marketing Budget
- Oversee annual medical marketing budget on behalf of global marketing team
- Serve as primary point of contact for, and appropriately fund content development efforts of Internal Promotional Medical Education Center of Excellence team
Collaborate Cross-Functionally and Empower Franchise Objectives through Teamwork Excellence
- Engage with Promotional Review Team (PRT) to seek input on initial program concepts and secure approval of medical education content
- Partner with internal, cross-functional scientific colleagues and teams across Health Outcomes, Medical & Scientific Affairs, Market Access & Policy
- Partner with key internal scientific cross functional colleagues and teams across Health Outcomes, Medical & Scientific Affairs, Market Access & Policy
The position is based out of Upper Gwynedd, PA, reporting to the Global Commercial Lead for the global pneumococcal vaccine portfolio.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA, PharmD
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum of five (5) years’ combined experience in Marketing, Sales, Strategic Planning, or Market Research
- Aptitude for building a deep understanding of the science related to pneumococcal vaccines
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Strong collaboration, including cross-divisionally with colleagues from Medical Affairs and Health Outcomes (Center for Observational and Real-World Evidence [CORE]), Promotional Review Team (PRT) and Global Digital Content, among others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Life-long learner with focus on personal and team professional development
- Results-driven and self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to lead with minimal supervision once strategy & plans are approved
- Proven ability to successfully drive results while demonstrating the highest standards of ethics and integrity
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Vaccines and/or pneumococcal vaccines experience is a plus
- Track record of global and US marketing, demonstrated cross-functional collaboration a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning strategies
- Medical/ Scientific communication agency experience
- Passion for deploying innovative, best practice communication approaches
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1