Director, Marketing Performance (2110072)
Director, Marketing Performance - ( 2110072 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Director, Marketing Performance (DMP) is accountable for continuous optimization of USPs, content, and marketing assets. They are also responsible for planning and executing tactics that fuel enrollment pacing expectations. They collaborates with Account Management, Creative Services, Media, and Analytics teams to translating business process changes and Academic Partners’ expectations into seasonal or annual campaigns. The DMP may develop or work with various internal/external teams to identify, manage, and deliver services such as: deployment of new partner opportunities, marketing strategy, positioning & messaging, performance improvement projects, media investment allocation, forecasting, pipeline improvement tactics, new partner modeling, and KPI training.
The DMP utilizes strong analysis skills to foresee performance gaps/trends to positively impact the enrollment pipeline. Then prioritizes efforts by creating short- and long-term strategic goals that account for margin, contract requirements, market share, and/or cross-functional performance trends. This is Senior/Management level position which requires expert analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
The DMP partners with the Director, Marketing Account Management to provide world-class service and clear communication on marketing efforts. The DMP also maintains a portfolio of university relationships, thus is client facing and manages a team of account managers..
- Planning, implementation, execution, and post-performance review of high-touch or high-value campaigns like scholarships and fee waivers.
- Managing marketing projects for various components of the program life cycle or services.
- Present campaign performance plans or results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Marketing performance forecasting for OPM and fee for service relationships.
- Test message response rates.
- Collaborating with Recruitment Team on stage-to-stage progression enhancement.
- Creating learner experience content in collaboration with Student Support Services or Learning Design Services.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Business Administration or related field, OR appropriate combination of education and significant experience. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in marketing account management and directing a team(s) responsible for:
+ Analyzing and developing marketing content, communications and visual strategies that support the brand
+ Creating and executing tests and projects to improve performance KPIs
+ Experience working within and maintaining client identity standards across channels
+ Experience proofing marketing pieces including: letters, creative briefs, brochures, banners, magazine ads, outbound e-mails, etc.
+ Coordinating the development & deployment of marketing collateral
+ Experience working with and supporting internal/external marketing services ranging from; digital media, consumer insights, messaging, creative, account management, analytics, and identify management.
- Experience with reviewing, reporting and providing strategic guidance on marketing KPI’s and media campaigns.
- Strong communication, organization, and collaboration skills.
Direct management of team and/or external agencies
Primary Location : US-AZ-Flagstaff
Other Locations : US-FL-West Palm Beach, US-IL-Elgin, US-AZ-Chandler, US-IL-River Forest, US-CO-Fort Collins, US-IL-Normal, US-IL-Carbondale, US-IL-Elk Grove Village, US-IL-DeKalb, US-AZ-Glendale, US-IL-Davenport, US-IL-Joliet, US-FL-Orlando, US-FL-Miami, US-IL-Bloomington, US-IL-Champaign, US-IL-University Park, US-FL-Daytona
Work Locations :
Job : Marketing
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Manager
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jul 13, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2110072