Director Digital Marketing (524)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who push the boundaries of technology. We create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations. Within the Pearson Virtual Schools (PVS) division we have reimagined K-12 education through our virtual school and curriculum offerings. Our schools, Connections Academy and Pearson Online Academy, provide a best-in-class online learning environment for K-12 students to acquire the skills and confidence they need to adapt and thrive in a changing world. We also support school districts with curriculum, teachers, and technology as they make the shift to online. The COVID-19 pandemic introduced significant disruption and transformation to the K-12 learning market. And as a result, our category has seen explosive growth and our business has experienced enormous increases in awareness and enrollments. This presents an incredible opportunity for our team to chart a ground-breaking path through this shifting environment to achieve continued success.
The Sr. Director Brand and Performance Media will be responsible for determining and translating brand and performance media strategy into operational plans for the PVS business with responsibility for the performance and results of the business. This person will manage a team of marketing professionals and external agencies to ensure we hit our lead, application and enrollment goals. We’re looking for someone who has significant experience managing both offline and digital marketing, as well as a multi-million dollar annual budget across different product lines to deliver against aggressive growth goals. The person in this role will direct the resolution of moderately complex or unusual business area problems by applying advanced analytical thought and judgment, making a long-term impact on the results of the PVS business. The person in this role will identify change initiatives and formulate strategies for effective change implementation. They will maintain developed relationships with senior leaders and lead relationships with high profile customers and suppliers.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
● Establish a best-in-class Brand and Performance Media function via (a) hiring & developing top tier Talent (b) driving operational excellence (c) embedding data & analytics in every decision-making process (d) optimizing ad tech stack and (e) delivering marketing thought leadership and strategic business acumen.
● Manage media investments of approximately $100MM across key channels such as linear/addressable TV, OLV, SEM Social and Display. Be accountable for planning & optimizing against seasonality/variances/changing competitive strategies.
● Proactively incorporate “Outside-In” perspectives and innovative media buying/optimization practices by keeping abreast of competitive strategies, emerging trends and technology.
● Partner with the brand and creative teams to execute latest campaign consistently across consumer journey.
● Develop a sophisticated, integrated media plan that provides the right message to the consumer at the right time.
● Responsible for developing annual Brand & Performance media strategy and plan in partnership with our agency and cross functional partners to achieve corporate goals
● Engage key cross functional partners to continuously glean actionable insights from state and program performance and implement strategic as well as tactical optimization based on such recommendations.
● In partnership with Analytics, deeply understand the relationship between brand and performance marketing to continuously optimize spend across channels to maintain a well- balanced and efficient funnel.
● Develop and maintain a media scorecard that will serve as an Executive Summary of all media performance.
● Work closely with external media partners to drive accountability for strong results, transparency into data/targeting/optimization, testing new capabilities and cost savings.
Required Skills, Experience, and Competencies
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; May also have advanced degree
● 12+ years of relevant experience
● 10+ years of people management and employee development experience
● Experience leading teams and digital transformation
● Experience buying both national, local offline media as well as all forms of digital media
● Hands-on experience working with a broad spectrum of ad tech and analytics solutions (SEM Bid Mgmt. Platforms (DS, Kenshoo, etc.), DMPs, DSPs, Digital Analytics (Adobe, Google, etc.), Tableau, etc.)
● Experience managing media budgets of > $80MM
● Ability to think strategically and execute at a tactical level equally well
● Ability to influence decision-making in a highly matrixed environment
● Experience with offline, long sales cycle products a plus
● Deep experience in digital space, including Direct to Consumer sales, and experience with technology platforms, and user experience
● Experience with strategy and innovation in martech/digital transformation
● Demonstrated best in class analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
● Advanced communication skills including proficiency in developing and delivering presentations
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing
● High motivation and self-direction, taking personal ownership for results and professional development
● Strong contract negotiation and vendor management skills
● Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize, thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: North America Connections
Req ID: 524