VP, Sales & Client Management - UHC National Accounts - Telecommute (99646650)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for leading a team of OptumHealth client managers who are responsible for managing existing UnitedHealthcare National Account Employer clients to retain and grow those accounts
- Accountable for driving OptumHealth’s growth objectives for team to achieve sales quota and incremental growth through UnitedHealthcare Employer and Individual (E&I) with National Accounts
- Enhance the client experience and overall client satisfaction, maintaining and improving Net Promoter Scores (NPS)
- Partner and align with Senior Vice President in planning broad team strategic efforts and alignment with the product business leaders
- Collaborate with Regional Growth Executives on sales strategy and growth opportunities in alignment to overall team targets and initiatives
- Ensure retention and expansion of existing UnitedHealthcare National Account client revenue base
- Drive sales, product development and distribution of OptumHealth’s solutions in partnership with UnitedHealthcare to solve client needs, meet market demand and drive growth
- Develop, coach and manage client managers to achieve goals
- Manage sales pipeline and reporting, assuring accuracy in salesforce opportunity management
- Serve as executive sponsor and manage relationships for larger clients with greater potential revenue opportunity
- Cultivate and deepen C-suite executive and complex client relationships
- Communicate and present effectively at multiple audiences and levels (listening, written and verbal communication)
- Develop members of their team in response to each team members’ interest and areas of growth and opportunity
- Drive strategy for overall quota attainment for the entire set of clients managed by the Sales Director and his/her Client Management team members
- Accountable for team member goal setting and performance planning
- Majority of time is spent out of the office with clients, generally 30-40% or greater
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of sales and account management experience
- 5+ years of proven experience and expertise in health insurance, health care, or related industry
- 5+ years of progressive management experience with ability to successfully recruit, hire, develop and engage and motivate staff
- Experience building and managing strategic client relationships and sales in the Employer market
- Proven management track record for achieving team target revenue, incremental growth and sales goals
- Demonstrated success in accessing and influencing senior level and/or C-Suite clients, sophisticated customers, channel partners, consultants, and/or business partners in a highly matrixed organization
- Deep understanding of sales process and ability navigate and manage complex sales, solutioning and RFP process to facilitate and remove roadblocks (for sales/client executives) to close sales
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment with a high level of collaboration
- Proficiency in CRM tools (ex. Salesforce) and sales methodology
- Work experience managing client management teams
- Experience leading teams on a national level
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Masters or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA)
- Experience in managing and achieving greater than $50M total contract value sales growth annually for employer clients or across OptumHealth or related health services capabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $125,000 to $210,000. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $125,000 to $210,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP, Sales & Client Management, UHC National Accounts, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote