Systems Administrator with TS/SCI and Poly ( R-00082000 )
The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos has an opening for a Systems Administrator. We are seeking a Systems Administrator to support a Leidos Prime Program in the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems. The selected candidate will be responsible for systems administration activities such as translating those requirements into efforts to procure additional resources or enhance existing resources to optimize the applications running on those servers; providing ideas and solutions to support customer’s network architecture redesign; and working with developers to help troubleshoot varying activities across the network.
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be required to work independently to collaboratively and constructively influence both internal and external organizations for strategic and operational decisions for program entities, Directorate Customers, and Industry Partners to achieve positive results.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 3 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configure and manage Linux, UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain virtual environments
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain storage environments
- U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance with a Polygraph
- Experience as a Systems Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is require
- Requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with PERL and Python scripting
- Provide Tier 3 support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of software systems
- Experience maintaining Windows and Linux servers
- Must have strong Linux experience
- Advanced Software Troubleshooting Skills
- Understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Security+ certification
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Experience with network switching
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities and strong communication skills.
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation or Higher Certification
*This position is contingent upon contract awardPay Range: