Behavioral Care Advocate - Nights and Weekends - Telecommute in Arizona -$5,000 Sign-on Bonus External Candidates (107349138)
$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES!!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
For this role you must have an active and unrestricted license in your state of residence and must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays 40 hours per week
The current available openings (8-hr shifts):
Monday, Tuesday, Friday 4:00pm to 12:30am and Saturday and Sunday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 10:00pm to 6:30am and Saturday and Sunday 11:30pm to 8:00am
- Training schedule will be Monday to Friday 3:00 PM CST to 11:30 PM CST for approximately 6 - 8 weeks depending on level of experience
- Field inbound calls in a queue from members and providers for purpose of assessment and triage
- Focus on initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Make patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Manage inpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administer benefits
- Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff
You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We’ll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Independent, Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted in state of Arizona as well as a Arizona residency
- 2+ years of post master’s or RN experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays according to your schedule
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Care Advocate, Case Management, Social Work, Social Worker, Counseling, LPC, LCPC, LCSW, LMHC, RN, Registered Nurse, Masters, Substance Abuse, Tucson, Phoenix, Arizona, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, RPO