Distinguished Architect AI ML Self Automation and Healing ( 601498-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon New Business Incubation (NBI) is looking for a DistinguishedAI/ML Engineer to join our organization to drive innovation around our self-healing/self-automation projects and work across our organization to deliver a centralized set of AI/ML based solutions. Our mission is to build the software fabric to self-automate, self-heal, and scale 5G enabled applications across Industry 4.0 verticals.
You will be working with robotics, autonomy, deep neural networks, AI tools, machine-learning algorithms, and edge computing. You will be part of the team deciding how those technologies are deployed with a strong focus on security, performance, and excellence in execution. You will look ahead 6–24 months and anticipate the technical debt, showing an understanding and comprehension of the business/product roadmaps and how architectural decisions are impacted.
- Drivingthe formation of long-term architectural decisions and technical trade-offs.
- Ensuringdevelopment across NBI adheres to a Clean Architecture mindset.
- Evaluating bleeding-edge in AI/ML architecture and techniques for integration with our current architecture.
- Periodically participatingin technology assessments including “build vs. buy”, patent viability, and acquisition due diligence.
- Developing and maintaining the architectural roadmap for NBI’s cross-functional capabilities.
- Leading the design of systems to ensure the technology roadmap is aligned with business goals while minimizing technical debt.
- Building and leading a small team of architects and R&D engineers.
- Working closely with engineering scrum teams.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have a deep and extensive experience in building machine learning engines and know how to use the tried and tested methods, but have the ability to blend in bleeding-edge techniques to accelerate our AI/ML programs. You will understand the 5 year strategy and goals, while being able to identify near-term milestones that meet business needs. You can dive into the code with the Chief Applied Science team to teach or experiment. You are not afraid to take risks and make changes to the plan as a result of new information.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Senior or Principal level engineering experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience working with multiple languages.
- Experience with AI, ML, and CV technologies, tools, and techniques, especially in leading or bleeding edge techniques.
- Experience with Supervised, unsupervised, or reinforcement machine learning.
- Experience with AI tools such as Python and machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow or scikit-learn.
- Experience with Statistical analysis and data processing.
- Experience with IoT architecture in the areas of security, distributed data, RTOS, networking, and real time/batch data collection.
- Familiarity with "The Architecture Tradeoff Analysis Method" or equivalent principles.
- Experience with edge computing paradigms.
- Familiarity with cloud providers and on-prem service offering and deployments, for example AWS architecture.
- Experience with common architecture patterns such as Clean Architecture, micro-service, deep learning, federated learning, and data lake.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).