Community Outreach Rep - Telecommute in Spokane and Yakima, WA (108930885)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Community Outreach Representative, you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through provider and community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group.
The Community Outreach Representative will be responsible for building relationships with the communities we serve, interacting with the Providers, Community leaders, and Advocacy groups. The representative will visit Provider offices to ensure materials are on-hand for distribution to Members, or potential Members that will benefit from UHG programs and build relationships with Provider staff to ensure an understanding of their issues and our reputation with them.
If you are located within Spokane and Yakima, WA you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Establishes and cultivates strategic business relationships with the leadership/management of key growth partners and market influencers (inclusive but not limited to community/faith-based organizations and providers). Serve as an ambassador for United Healthcare
- Execute Marketing plan
- Lead, develop and facilitate opportunities to conduct presentations and events with key stakeholders that generate new membership and removal of SDOH barrier programs
- Be a community expert for targeted areas
- Responsible for local brand awareness through community involvement by participating in targeted key events (such as Health fairs, Community Family Fun Days, educational Wellness seminars, Fitness events, and Fun walks, etc.) through existing relationships and the creation of new ones
- Responsible for data input and tracking of information into department-specific programs.
- Educate and assist current and potential Members regarding the UHCCP program ( i.e. presentations, one-on-one conversations)
- Work with Internal cross-functional teams (Clinical, Network, Care Management) to help facilitate issue resolution, as appropriate
- Ensure compliance and quality Outreach efforts, adhering to all applicable State and Federal Regulatory requirements and procedures
- Set own work schedule and Event Development strategies to attract and retain Membership market share in targeted markets
- Collect and analyze Marketing, Health and Community-related data to develop Market strategies and provide recommendations.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding UHCCP targeted growth, retention, and enrollment expectations within assigned region
- Represent UHCCP at community meetings and coalitions; Attend conferences, as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience working with Providers (Physical Health, Behavioral Health, or CBO) or 1+ years of Community Outreach event planning experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites with a designated area
- Reside within/commutable distance to designated territory Spokane or Yakima
- Ability to travel approximately 75% within the designated territory Spokane or Yakima
- Ability to work core business hours, Monday - Friday and nights and weekends, when required
- Ability to travel up to 10% outside designated territory
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of experience
- Knowledge of health plan operations
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and/or underserved communities
- Experience influencing others at many organizational levels, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated knowledge of State Medicaid or CMS marketing rules and regulations
- Highly-developed Presentation skills
- Established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources CBO’s, religious / faith- based organizations FBO’s in designated sales territory
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.