SWF Washington Prep and Assembly - 4352 (85188)
As a Manufacturing Laborer of Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. (“Ashley”), you will be assigned, from time to time, to one or more positions within Ashley’s manufacturing facility. You will be informed of the standard operating procedure for the position assigned to you, before you start work at your assigned position. It is your responsibility to follow this standard operating procedure while working at your assigned position.
- Set up and properly utilize jigs to assemble component parts.
- Inspect parts for defects, repair if possible, and/or inform appropriate personnel of non-conforming parts.
- Accurately record production information – may be recorded by using a scanner, computer or by hand.
- Operate or assist in operating machines and various hand tools in accordance with standard operating procedures identified for the hand tool or machine being operated.
- Inspect parts and assembled units; touch up and repair defects.
- Package finished unit by hand or with use of assisting devices.
- Maintain and clean workstation, including jigs and equipment.
- Identify equipment or hand tool malfunctions, repair if possible, or inform supervisor of problem.
- Move parts in and out of work area using proper equipment.
- Set up or adjust workstation to suit ergonomic needs.
- Participate in team meetings and activities.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions.
- Assist with the training of other employees.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Suggest improvements on process inputs.
- Perform the job satisfactorily at a sustained level of productivity.
- Follow all OSHA and Company established safety rules and procedures.
- Must comply with attendance policies and procedures.
- Follow all standard operating procedures while working at assigned positions.
- Work effectively and communicate and relate well with others. Maintain effective and constructive working relationships.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions.
- Essential functions and responsibilities will also include following Supervisor directions and the additional requirements of the various jobs assigned to you.