Chief Information Officer, OptumCare Home and Community - Telecommute (112143857)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The CIO for Home and Community has overall technology responsibilities to support Home and Community businesses, ensuring a cohesive and integrated strategy and delivery.
Optum has a strong set of home and community-based care capabilities that provide holistic care to address people’s medical, behavioral, and social needs. Home and Community will ensure that members, especially those with complex needs, receive the right care at the right time and in the right place. Improving access to care and coordinating patient care across providers and care settings will result in better health outcomes, lower costs, and higher patient satisfaction.
The CIO will have oversight of the technology teams supporting:
- Optum at Home includes our home-based longitudinal care assets, including Landmark Health, the legacy Optum at
- Home business, and Prospero. Manages complex members and full health plan populations on an “at-risk” basis.
- Care Transitions includes naviHealth post-acute care and our new and expanding readmission and home health management offerings.
- Patient Assessments - principally composed of HouseCalls in-home clinical visits and Patient Connect (clinical visits in skilled nursing facilities).
- Senior Community Care includes the management of Medicare Advantage members residing in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and senior housing settings on a full-risk basis.
The CIO for Home and Community serves as an integral member of the executive team with overall technology responsibilities. They lead a global, diverse team of technology professionals who deliver products and services to drive business value. Demonstrates thought leadership in designing and delivering large scale, comprehensive and innovative technology solutions in support of business priorities. Leverages technology expertise and understanding of market trends to formulate, develop and execute a multi-year strategic technology plan that enables the scaling and growth of our businesses and delivers differentiated value to our customers. Ensures optimal utilization of current systems and capabilities and leverages technology to maximize efficiencies and profitability. Serves as a member of the leadership team, partnering and collaborating with others to leverage common tools and technology and drive technology growth and efficiency.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- In partnership with the Home and Community enterprise, develop, communicate, and implement long-range strategic plans, in support of an integrated, innovative, cost-effective technology suite. Guide technology decisions, including, but not limited to hardware, software, infrastructure, staffing, services, and support.
- Build and maintain relationships with Home and Community business partners; understand Home and Community business strategies and operating objectives and ensure business/technology strategies/plans are in alignment and enable Home and Community business units to reach their objectives.
- Lead global, diverse technology delivery and support teams. Develop talent, create high employee experience, support career growth and mobility, and promote a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Partner with and guide cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery of solutions from concept through launch and successful support.
- Scale staff, skills, infrastructure, and applications to meet the growth goals as established by strategic direction.
- Leverage, utilize and incorporate best practices to ensure timely delivery of products and services and reliable operations;
- regularly identify and address opportunities that improve capabilities and reduce costs.
- Identify and assess new technologies and applications to determine potential value; promote technology strategies that enhance the organization's performance and competitive advantage.
- Manage technology budget, create forecasts to drive capital and operating expenditures, create business cases that clearly describe cost benefit analysis to business and finance partners. Drive ROI and obtain value from IT related expenditure.
- Ensure solid performance of technology and infrastructure within proper security guidelines per contracted agreements.
- Establish and/or maintain effective vendor relationships; review, negotiate and approve major contracts for technology services and equipment; collaborate to effectively develop, deploy, and support technical solutions.
- Ensure through policies, procedures, direct involvement and/or oversight that all information / data reported to external entities maintain a high level of integrity and consistency. Ensure that all systems and processes for information exchange meet HIPAA and other regulatory requirements.
- Support business acquisitions by providing leadership in the due-diligence evaluation of technology platforms and post- acquisition integration planning. Integrate acquisitions with appropriate support and speed.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Seasoned, visionary leader with experience working with business executives
- 15+ year career within the technology profession with demonstrated progressive accomplishments
- History of building and inspiring high performing, innovative technology teams
- Proven software engineering and architecture leadership experiences
- Previous experience leading highly matrixed and global teams
- Demonstrated success using a DevOps model/culture and Agile methodology to deliver solutions
- Proven quick study with intellectual curiosity
- Track record of success building strong relationships with internal and external partners
- History of gaining support for initiatives through influence and use of business rationale
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to key stakeholders in business terms
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Humble and empathetic servant leader with demonstrated commitment to putting the enterprise first
- Promotes teamwork and manages individual and organizational performance towards business goals and objectives
- Maintains diverse, global teams and supports talent management and career mobility
- Shapes and orchestrates a compelling forward-looking technology vision and strategy and creates/executes an operational plan to accomplish the strategy
- Demonstrated understanding of and engagement in corporate financial disciplines – budgeting, reporting and P&L
- Exercises sound judgment and discretion in decision making; proven ability to make and implement tough decisions
- Possesses organizational proficiencies to oversee multiple initiatives simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment under limited supervision with excellent follow-through
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $250,000 to $350,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.