Data Warehouse Developer with Linux and Oracle PL/SQL ( R-00090692 )
Leidos is seeking a highly motivated, self-initiated Linux and Oracle PL/SQL Developer with a desire to learn and expand in their Data Warehousing skillset. We serve the Social Security Administration (SSA) and their mission to meet the changing needs of the public, positively impacting at least 65 million American lives per month. Be part of the mission solution and help support SSA’s Digital Modernization Strategy while ensuring continuity of data availability and delivery supporting reporting and analysis needs across the agency. We are in need of a strong candidate with a desire to learn new skills, embed with a team, solicit ideas and feedback, and have good communication skills; able to work independently as well as in a team.
Do you have these key required skills, education, or experience? Do you want to learn more about our telework posture? Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting our SSA contracts in Woodlawn, Maryland.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced engineers will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative code reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills.
Foundation for Success (Basic Qualifications):
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Masters or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience
- 7+ years of experience with Oracle 19c data models, Oracle PL/SQL and Linux scripts
Factors to Help You Shine (Required Skills):
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Proficiency with reading Linux/UNIX logs and executing basic Linux/UNIX commands.
- Proficiency writing scripts using Oracle PL/SQL and Linux scripting.
- Proficient experience with Legacy Data warehouse projects.
- Proficient experience with SQL, SQL Loader, Packages, triggers, Materialized Views, UTL file and external tables.
- Working knowledge with Control-M or any job scheduling tools.
- Knowledge of Oracle Virtual Machines.
- Experience working with enterprise data warehouses.
How to Stand Out from the Crowd (Desired Skills)
Showcase your knowledge of enterprise data warehousing through the following experience or skills:
- Experience writing PostgreSQL scripts
- Hands on experience with data warehouse/business intelligence reporting environment. Knowledge in both client-server and mainframe-based systems and the connectivity/infrastructure requirements to support, design, develop and implement such systems.
- Hands on experience of Greenplum database.
- Hands on experience with data analysis.
- Hands on experience connecting to, and working in, the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud server environment.
- Experience with working with Federal Government clients.
- Programming skills and proficiency using Tableau, and/or WebFOCUS 8.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Manage applications on the Oracle Virtual Machine (OVM).
- Development of user documentation and guidelines.
- Development of presentation material.
- Rewrite existing Oracle PL/SQL scripts in Postgres SQL to use in Greenplum database.
- Investigate, collaborate, and resolve daily production jobs and job failures.
- Support occasional weekend maintenance activities to apply changes during non-peak hours.
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Oracle 19c data models, PL/SQL and Linux scripts, reading log files and executing UNIX commands.
- Understanding the db2 data models and JCL Programs.
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a training-related field or bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in a training-related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.