Experienced Associate, Mergers and Acquisitions -Minnetonka MN (112219796)
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a key member of our fast-paced Corporate Development team, this position would put you at the forefront of a number of merger and acquisition projects, providing extensive exposure to key individuals throughout our organization and also to senior management of companies targeted for acquisition.
- Preparing and assessing financial, qualitative and valuation analyses
- Lead special initiatives for corporate senior executives
- Key liaison to business segment senior leadership, transaction advisors and acquisition targets
- Developing and coaching junior team members (training, coaching and mentoring)
- Defining and negotiating transaction terms
- Leading and conducting due diligence on potential acquisition targets
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with a public accounting firm, corporate finance, corporate development, investment banking or private equity firm
- Prior due diligence experience required, particularly financial due diligence
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Solid accounting, finance, communication, and analytical skills are essential, as is demonstrated leadership.
- Travel and work schedule flexibility
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Math
- 4+ years of experience with a public accounting firm, corporate finance, corporate development, investment banking or private equity firm
- Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) experience
- Team player with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities
- Proactive approach to learning new skill set and accelerated learning curve
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.