Sr. Advisor, Product Marketing ( 599881-1H )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies, drive launches, and set targets, tracking and analyzing the success of all activities, to enhance the experience for our internal teams and customers
- Describe the product/platform in terms of its ability to solve problems, address key use cases, and create crisp and compelling messages that drive market acceptance and growth
- Generate insightful & compelling content to influence customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, key editors in the press and other third parties
- Work closely with Marketing’s go-to-market facilitators to educate them on the impact of launches and associated messaging
- Provide regular updates in go-to-market meetings to help fuel discussions on communications and deliverables
- Charter projects, programs and liaise to foster team growth as you strengthen the product marketing function and x-functional teams
- Analyze and understand the market/competitive landscape and distribute learnings across teams
- Collaborate with sales enablement to promote internal product education, engrain product value proposition, and refine our pitch
- Achieve firm alignment with Product Management on upcoming releases, product initiatives, launches and messaging
- Market-facing presence: champion bold, creative ideas as you lend your market research abilities, crafting talents and presentation prowess to blogs, webinars, EBCs, analyst activities, PR, thought leadership content and speaking engagements as a product SME.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years related business experience
- Four or more years of product Marketing experience
- Experience working with or supporting B2B customer-facing teams,.
- Experience withSales
- Experience launching and driving adoption for new products and services.
- Experience in owningand achieving key KPIs
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in a B2B SaaS environment
- Product Marketing certification (i.e. Pragmatic Marketing)
- MBA or Masters in Marketing
- Strong executive-level communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Knowledge and appreciation ofdepartmental functions including sales, marketing, development, operations, and customer support
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently, according to business priority - pivot fast in a changing environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).