Sr. Advisor, Product Marketing ( 606384-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
- Own go-to-market execution of new product lines, new product features, and strategic initiatives that drive awareness, engagement and product adoption.
- Team up with Product Managers to develop and update dynamic presentation materials that empower internal stakeholders to help understand product developments and our strategy for market.
- Own, plan and facilitate various engagements, meetings and updates throughout the business to help educate and motivate our customer-facing teams about our products and strategy.
- Develop close relationships with customer-facing teams (i.e., understand how they operate, the issues they face, and how to partner to increase their success).
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies, drive launches, and set targets, tracking and analyzing the success of all activities, to enhance the experience for our internal teams and customers.
- Describe the product/platform in terms of its ability to solve problems, address key use cases, and create crisp and compelling messages that drive market acceptance and growth.
- Generate insightful and compelling content to influence customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, key editors in the press and other third parties.
- Work closely with Marketing’s go-to-market facilitators to educate them on the impact of launches and associated messaging.
- Provide regular updates in go-to-market meetings to help fuel discussions on communications and deliverables.
- Charter projects, programs and liaise to foster team growth as you strengthen the product marketing function and cross-functional teams.
- Analyze and understand the market/competitive landscape and distribute learnings across teams.
- Collaborate with sales enablement to promote internal product education, engrain product value proposition, and refine our pitch.
- Achieve firm alignment with Product Management on upcoming releases, product initiatives, launches and messaging.
- Market-facing presence: champion bold, creative ideas as you lend your market research abilities, crafting talents and presentation prowess to blogs, webinars, EBCs, analyst activities, PR, thought leadership content and speaking engagements as a product SME.
Where you’ll be working:
This position will preferentially work "hybrid" with a defined work location that includes work from home and as-needed office days near any valid US VBG Verizon Administrative Office, with preference towards Verizon Connect locations: Boston, San Diego, Chicago (Rolling Meadows, IL), Atlanta, New York City, Charlotte, Tampa and Austin. Additional locations for fully-remote work will be considered.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years related business experience.
- Four or more years Product Marketing experience
- Experience working with or supporting B2B customer-facing teams, including Sales.
- Experience launching and driving adoption for new products and services, owning and achieving key KPIs.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- MBA or Masters in Marketing.
- Previous experience in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Product Marketing certification (e.g., Pragmatic Marketing).
- Strong executive-level communication, presentation, and writing skills with a knowledge of and appreciation for other departmental functions including sales, marketing, development, operations, and customer support.
- Ability to be an ambitious self-starter and be - you love fast paced environments where products are constantly launched and iterated upon. You thrive in a dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate on a high level and dig deep into the details and analytics.
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently, according to business priority - pivot fast in a changing environment.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.