Product Marketing Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Product Marketing Managers goal is to drive service revenue growth by proactively identifying relevant plan recommendations for our customer base. This role will keep the customer at the center of their efforts by formulating ideas and carrying them through execution and beyond to retrospective analysis. Responsibilities include:
- Designing data-driven, targeted strategies to deliver messages which are prioritized, personalized, and simultaneously beneficial to the customer and Verizon.
- Leading cross-functional peers, including (but not limited to): Business Intelligence, Marketing Communications, Martech, Performance Management, Finance, Legal, IT, Market Leadership, and Product Marketing, to deliver on your targeted strategies.
- Optimizing strategies as customer needs and business needs change.
- Identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for Verizon through analysis of: our own commercial value prop, market conditions and trends, existing KPI reports, executive leadership guidance, and ad hoc data warehouse research.
- Deciphering performance across a variety of metrics: i.e. KPIs, Segmentation, Propensity, etc. to uncover new opportunities for growth and revenue from the Verizon base.
- Using broad industry perspective to interpret competitive information, draw intelligent conclusions, provide assessments at the strategic and tactical level, formulate promo recommendations on proactive and/or reactive actions and take action to execute upon approved recommendations.
- Building presentations to effectively communicate these strategies and the benefit to larger business objectives.
- Utilizing experience and business knowledge to develop annual marketing roadmaps as well as guide strategy & execution of key marketing programs.
- Developing end to end campaigns including but not limited to ideation, financial business cases, execution strategy, customer journey mapping and analysis.
- Facilitating proposal alignment between Finance and Marketing through business case development.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience presenting ideas and content to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with the Google Slides and Sheets.
- Experience in Product Marketing.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree, preferably an MBA.
- Proven strengths in strategic and critical thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to clearly express complex ideas.
- Experience in marketing and finance-related roles, such as market research, financial analysis, pricing, product marketing, or strategic planning desired
- Experience in the wireless or telecommunications industry.
- Strong research, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to see things not readily apparent to others and to find unique solutions to complex challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to "see the big picture."
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $130,000.00 and $241,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.