Counsel Technology Product and Marketing ( 579691-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Seeking an experienced attorney to provide support and counseling for Verizon’s Business Products and Marketing organization, with an emphasis on cutting edge technology products and services that provide enhanced functionality above our network including audio/video conferencing, healthcare, cloud and contact center services. The PMC will support the product organization as they launch and market products and services in this space for business customers. Responsibilities include counseling the product organization and reviewing new business products and feature enhancements for compliance with applicable regulations and industry standards. Specifically, the PMC will review inputs and approvals from internal stakeholders and SMEs (including but not limited to product managers, audit, IT, privacy, operational assurance, etc.), work with outside counsel, support negotiations with strategic partners, advise on go-to-market and demand generation activities, draft contract templates, and support customer negotiations. The ideal PMC will be a team player that can work with multiple internal clients and stakeholders, and have a solid knowledge of legal issues related to communications, privacy, open source, data security, and third-party licensing. Knowledge of healthcare and FDA regulations is desirable.
- Conduct thorough legal review of new products and enhancements to existing products;
- Manage SME inputs and issue final legal approvals for products and feature enhancements;
- Draft, review, negotiate, and advise clients on commercial arrangements with strategic partners;
- Draft contract templates and advise on compliance and marketing matters, as needed;
- Participate and counsel clients through all stages of the product lifecycle (design, review, approve, go-to-market, and decommissioning);
- Stay knowledgeable of, and communicate business impacting regulatory changes;
- Provide day-to-day advice and counseling to business products clients;
- Coordinate with internal security, IT, audit, product, privacy, and other stakeholders as needed to remediate any deficiencies to support timely product launches and ongoing product compliance.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
- JD degree and six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bar membership and needed licenses.
- Relevant and recent legal practice experience with a corporate legal department or law firm, preferably involving lifecycle support of technology or communications products and services.
- Willingness to travel
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Member in good standing of a bar of at least one state.
- Knowledge of data privacy laws, security compliance requirements, relevant industry standards, such as HIPAA, PCI, FISMA and FDA regulations.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced deliverable driven environment managing multiple executive visibility obligations under tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of personnel and communicate legal requirements without losing focus of client objectives.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and Google G Suite products.
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.