Product and Marketing Counsel ( 587583-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon seeks an energetic, creative, business-oriented attorney to join its legal team supporting Verizon’s Consumer Product and Product Marketing organization. You will be a team player with significant legal experience developing and launching consumer-focused products and services and/or advising and supporting consumer marketing initiatives.
- Reviewing and advising on new and existing consumer products and services.
- Reviewing and advising on marketing strategies and initiatives related to consumer products.
- Providing day-to-day support for the product development teams.
- Ensuring compliance with existing marketing laws and regulations.
- Developing positive relationships with internal partners and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating internally and externally among different groups in addressing product and marketing related issues.
- Ensuring compliance with existing policies, federal and state laws and regulations and assisting in formulation of solutions to any identified problem areas exposing company to risk.
- Drafting and reviewing product terms of service, trial agreements, license agreements, FAQs, technical requirements, customer care and training scripts as well as product marketing collateral and advertising copy.
- Advising on customer and partner contract issues.
- Providing day-to-day advice related to contracts, marketing campaigns and the associated collateral for consumer products.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- JD degree and six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bar membership and necessary licenses.
- Member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- Experience as a practicing attorney in a large law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience advising clients on the development, marketing and sales of consumer products, ideally in the telecommunication and technology space.
- Knowledge and prior experience with federal and state consumer protection and marketing laws and regulations and general consumer protection issues.
- Willingness to travel
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of and experience advising on federal and state legal and regulatory obligations, including those related to telecommunications. Proven ability to advise on these issues with the proper balance of legal risk and business demands
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly developed analytical reasoning skills, report analysis and keen attention to detail and processes.
- Strong project management skills with proven track record of managing complex projects from inception to completion and team management skills.
- Strong sense of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills, motivational and leadership skills.
- Ability to appropriately balance legal and business risks.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).