Creative Marketing Project Manager ( 599850-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will execute internal client requests ensuring on-target, timely, on-budget, on-brand delivery of marketing collateral. Achieving the highest possible standards in client service, you will tap into your outstanding project management and client communication skills. Using your knowledge of clients’ business challenges, you will provide communications solutions and project management execution. Participating in creative development, you will ensure final output is on the mark. In addition, you will provide project management follow-through and accurate delivery.
- Develop and maintain solid client relationships; encourage a collaborative approach with departmental team members.
- Educate clients on cost savings and opportunities aligned with their marketing efforts.
- Partner with outside agencies in managing clients’ promotional and marketing efforts.
- Write creative briefs on complex projects and interpret them for project teams in order to lead communication strategies and implement marketing efforts.
- Collaborate on creative development and direction with client, design, and production teams.
- Provide feedback to project team during internal creative reviews.
- Present concepts to clients, obtain feedback, and translate that feedback for the project team.
- Review client change requests and respond with schedule/cost impacts along with alternatives.
- Manage expectations with clients and departmental teams.
- Negotiate timelines and budgets and ensure that all deadlines are maintained.
- Represent the interests of the client in interactions with project teams.
- Ensure all regulatory, legal, and compliance and branding guidelines are followed.
- Provide final sign-off on projects to ensure compliance with creative brief and project specifications.
- Use knowledge and understanding of graphic design, creative, and production to facilitate effective communication between client and departmental teams.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re the type of person who sees the big picture and looks to make the biggest impact possible. You have an eye for design and a business focus. You are creative and innovative, but understand when to stay within the lines. You’re comfortable working and communicating with all types of people, and they listen to you. You’re able to understand client priorities and translate them into business plans. You’re organized and detail-oriented and you’ve got a knack for spotting errors. You take a lot of pride in your work, and that’s why people count on you to deliver.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or business.
- Three or more years of professional-level experience in a project management role in either an external or internal agency.
- Proven track record at client service in a marketing or creative environment.
- Ad agency project management experience including print, direct marketing campaigns, online, promotions, TV, and radio.
- Knowledge of the benefits of the above communication channels, with the ability to match the channel with the client’s communication need.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, both through idea generation and assessment of ideas generated by others.
- Relationship-building skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Crisis management skills, resourcefulness.
- Solution-oriented abilities.
- Creative project management skills.
- Organization and ability to multitask effectively.
- Ability to gain client trust and effectively manage client expectations.
- Knowledge of the creative process as well as design and print/web production.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.