Retail Sales Associate
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for building the customer relationships that are the foundation of Ashley HomeStore’s retail sales success. The incumbent provides world-class service to customers by using the Ashley Sales Approach to sell the full suite of HomeStore products and services tailored to meet the customer’s wants and needs.
The Retail Sales Associate is accountable for delivering an exceptional in-store experience for every guest that results in increased store sales, profitability and customer loyalty.
Overall, the Retail Sales Associate contributes to the Ashley high performance culture by modeling our core values and engaging in sales activities that keep the Ashley brand as the #1 home furnishings market leader in style, selection, quality and value.
Domestic Store Location
Budget Responsibility? No Yes Amount:
Moderate – Administers procedures under management guidance; decision-making has moderate corporate financial/operational impact. Solves problems by interpreting data using generally prescribed procedures, using judgment to select from known alternatives. Has frequent external interaction to provide information; relationships are internal and external to the work unit and include customers or vendors.
Primary Job Functions
· Welcomes and professionally engages every guest to ensure customer expectations are met and the Ashley brand image is properly represented.
· Follows the Ashley Sales Approach with each guest to maximize average sales per guest and ensure above-minimum category sales goals. Asks questions and listens to guest needs; provides options and advice on meeting those needs. Performs product presentations, attempts to close each sales opportunity and adds on additional items and extended warranties to the sale.
· Contacts customers by telephone, mail or e-mail after product delivery to ensure total satisfaction and establish next steps to continue to serve the customer in their home furnishing needs.
· Completes post-sales order entry and administration processes.
· Completes showroom floor recovery processes throughout the day.
· Works vigorously on sales performance improvement by using available learning tools and programs.
· Develops and maintains high levels of knowledge on Ashley business products and promotions.
· Participates actively in sales meetings and one-on-one coaching sessions with store managers and trainers.
· Demonstrates the company’s core and growth values in performance of all job functions.
Secondary Job Functions
· Learns the furniture retail industry as a whole to establish a strong understanding of Ashley’s products and their positioning in the marketplace, as well as the processes and procedures in how the business is operated.
· Picks up projects on the fly; performs other duties as assigned from time to time, such as cashiering.
1. The incumbent will work a minimum of 40 hours per week, including Saturdays and/or Sundays. The number of hours will increase during specific events, holidays or blackout periods, or to meet other business needs.
2. Regular attendance at the assigned store in accordance with these expectations is an essential function of the job and all job functions are performed at the designated job location.
High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s in business administration or related degree preferred.
Retail sales experience preferred, but not required.
Licenses or Certifications:
· Familiarity with furniture products and styles.
· Exceptional relationship building skills.
· Strong communication and listening skills.
· Strong attention to detail, with ability to multitask and work independently.
· Basic math and writing skills; basic computer and office software skills.
· Other: friendly, enthusiastic and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service.