Retail Sales Associate
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Join today and be eligible for $2500 sign on bonus!
External candidates for this role may be eligible for $2500 sign on bonus, paid at 50% after 1 month employment, 50% after 9 months of employment subject to terms and condition of the bonus agreement.
As a full-time Verizon Retail Sales Associate, you'll have the opportunity to control your career in one of our retail stores. In this role you will:
- Generate retail sales by using your passion for cutting-edge technology, and exceptional customer service to meet our customers where they are.
- Build customer connections by asking the right questions to uncover individual needs.
- Offer a complete top-down sales solution to provide product insights and solution recommendations.
- Close sales by using phenomenal communication skills to fulfill customer needs with simple and intuitive tech solutions.
- Assist with merchandising and operational functions.
- Support other Verizon stores within close proximity (based on business needs).
- High school diploma or GED.
- One or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to work additional shifts, if necessary, typically during the summer months, November through December, and/or during peak vacation periods.
- Associate's degree.
- Customer service and/or retail sales experience.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with customers to find solutions.
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the starting base pay rate for this position is $20.67/hour. This is a commission based position with the potential to earn more.