Retail Sales Associate
- Generate retail sales by using your passion for cutting-edge technology, and exceptional customer service to meet our customers where they are.
- Learn and uncover customers' needs by creating connections and asking the right questions.
- Position product insights and solution recommendations to provide customers with a complete top-down sales solution.
- Close sales by using phenomenal communication skills to fulfill customer needs with simple and intuitive tech solutions.
- Assist with merchandising and operational functions.
- Support other Verizon stores within close proximity (based on business needs).
- Place outbound calls to current Verizon customers via warm leads to promote our products and services.
We're hiring immediately for this entry-level position! Join today and earn from $49,000 to $59,000 a year, which includes base pay as well as individual-based commission. In addition, we also offer rewarding perks like recognition programs, awards, team incentives, and individual incentives. Compensation is based on geography and full-time benefits start on day one.
Our comprehensive benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, up to 6% 401(k) match, stock awards, more than five weeks of paid time off (vacation, holidays, and personal days), discounts on Verizon products and services, up to four months of paid parental leave, up to $8K per year in tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our total rewards package which begins on day one.
Hear from our Verizon Retail Team Members on what it's like to be part of a team that invests in you. From our in-person new hire experience and award-winning training programs to our inclusive culture and amazing benefits, you'll be able to apply your skills while elevating your career.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to work additional shifts, if necessary, typically during the summer months, November through December, and/or during peak vacation periods.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Associate's degree.
- Experience working in a commission based sales environment.
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with customers to find solutions.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
After you apply...
You may be required to take an assessment. It takes about 20 minutes to complete. If you're selected to move forward, one of our recruiters will reach out to tell you more about the role and answer your questions.
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the starting base pay rate for this position is $16.59/hour. This is a commission based position with the potential to earn more.