Sales Instructional Design Consultant - Telecommute (108064787)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Are you an Instructional Designer who is a trusted leader among your peers? Do you work quickly with little direction and drive the strategy behind your solutions? Do you write concise, conversational audio and video scripts? Do you develop classroom and live virtual learning with interactivity and thoughtful visuals rather than bullets and text? If you say, “Yes,” then this is your dream job. Come join our team of expert learning professionals who build virtual and classroom learning solutions for our sales force. We work with the latest technologies to upskill sales people so they can excel in today's market. If you're ready to bring your experience to an industry leader and work with an innovative and fun team, we encourage you to apply. This is a hands-on role for highly skilled Instructional Designers only.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the creation of learning solutions for salespeople, including mobile content, on-demand content (audio, video, eLearning, presentations, job aids, assessments, role play activities, performance support), and facilitator-led sessions (virtual and classroom)
- Consult to analyze highly complex information and recommend and create solutions that are relevant to the sales audience and meet the identified need
- Facilitate meetings focused on uncovering needs, gathering information, influencing direction, and moving projects forward
- Collaborate with sales trainers, senior leaders, subject matter experts, sales learners and internal resources to recommend and implement approaches
- Apply visual and graphic design techniques to transform ordinary-looking content into a polished, visually engaging learner experience
- Challenge the status quo and find innovative ways to approach learning solutions; influence and “push the envelope” with new ideas and methods to enhance overall efficiency
- Mentor new and existing team members; serve as expert to other Instructional Designers
- Manage a workload of 3-4 complex projects simultaneously, actively driving to business-related dates
- Oversee testing, review, and evaluation processes; thoughtfully receive and incorporate feedback; ensure high quality
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions and pilot programs, as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 7+ years clearly demonstrated instructional design experience with top-notch design skills
- 5+ years of leading large instructional design projects
- 4+ years of experience leading, coaching, and mentoring other instructional designers
- 3+ years of experience designing training for a relationship-based training sales audience
- Advanced graphic design experience
- Demonstrated experience designing for professional sales audiences (non-retail), including the ability to understand the sales role and design practical learning solutions
- Demonstrated expertise developing live virtual and classroom learning, audio, video, and eLearning
- Exceptional visual design and layout skills
- Advanced MS office skills
- Graduate degree in related field
- Experience Articulate Storylines
- Experience with Camtasia Studio
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Instructor-Led Training Design
- Experience with Video Editing
- Experience with Audio Scripting
- Experience with Audio Editing
- Experience with Mobile Learning Design
- Experience with Webinar training design
- Experience with E-learning training design
- Experience with Video scripting
- Experience with Video editing HTML5
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator
- Experience in health care and/or sales field
- Experience with developing mobile content
- Knowledge and drive to explore innovative technologies and incorporate them into educational solutions (mobile learning, social learning, multimedia)
- Ability to be productive in a highly collaborative and changing environment where input and feedback from others is the norm
- A genuine curiosity for digging into content to understand, question, determine root causes, and make recommendations in order to create learner-focused solutions
- Professional persistence, patience, and flexibility
- Ability to build excellent relationships with peers and customers
- Effective relationship building and the ability to collaborate with internal team members, leaders, and business groups across the organization
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent mentoring, consulting, and project management skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.