Sales Excellence, Sales Intelligence & Insights Consultant (38430)
- Win and Loss research and reviews: Primary research conducted via direct, independent interviews of senior client executives about their competitive professional services selection process and decisions. Outputs include detailed, authoritative reports of the outcome of individual opportunities, in addition to analysis and reporting across multiple reports to identify broader trends and issues. In this role you will provide PMO support-tracking, scheduling, and coordinating the activities of our team; and support the synthesis, analysis, and presentation of results. You may also directly participate in research activities involving interviews of senior partners and external client executives.
- Competitive research and analysis: Collection and synthesis of the full range of internal, primary sources and external, public source information to identify events and trends that have significant, tactical implications to opportunities we are currently engaged in. In this role you will both support and lead specific research projects focusing on competitors and their tactics.
The Sales Intelligence and Insights Team is tasked with supporting our Pursuit Teams, Sales Excellence Leaders, and Firm Leaders with data and insights about our clients, competitors, and ourselves that will improve our ability to win in the market. You will rely on your ability to:
- Rapidly grasp the full range of Deloitte's Consulting services, contract, and pricing structures
- Understand the key elements, dynamics, and drivers of the broader professional services marketplace, from demand generation to demand capture.
- Become an expert user of our internal CRM systems, using its full capabilities to support our project management and analysis
- Assess competitor developments from the perspective of current offerings and deals
- Use your persuasive writing skills and pyramid-structure logical presentation skills to prepare high quality word and PowerPoint-based analytical reports
- Demonstrate your executive presence, presentation, and communication skills to build a rapport with senior executives and elicit information about their decision factors and evaluation of Deloitte vs key executives.
- Engage with and support our KX research team to prepare competitive and market research reports.
- Collaborate and support other members of the broader Sales Excellence team
The U.S. Consulting Sales Excellence (SE) practice serves the Industries, Offering Portfolios, and account teams in driving sales success. SE owns the sales life cycle from Pursuit Coaching to Closing the Deal. Services housed in SE include: the Sales Executive organization, the Pursuit Center of Excellence (PCOE), Proposal Factory, Pricing & Commercial Deal Support (PCDS), Competitive Intelligence, and the Science of Winning.
The team member will be aligned to the Consulting Professional National Office, comprised of professionals with various areas of focus that collectively provide mission critical services to support Consulting's overall success. Whether focused on project financials, quality and risk management, methods and tools, sales excellence, talent, leadership support, or other activities, these professionals ensure that our Firm operates efficiently and that our people can effectively serve clients every day. Our Operating Model formalizes these functions so that we can continue to enhance their quality while providing our professionals a consistent talent experience and opportunities for growth.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree
- Travel required for this role is expected to be not more than 20 percent
- Developing professional interviewing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytic skills as well as ability to communicate both orally and in writing to an audience of senior management
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Computer literacy is a must including proficiency in Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and the ability to quickly learn our CRM tool. Experience with Tableau is a bonus.
- Experience writing eminence, collateral, thought ware and point-of-view materials or similar professional publications for external audiences is a plus.
***Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future